Hysterectomy this Friday

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi ladies!!

I needed to start a new account because the site wouldn't reset my password.

I've chatted with many of you before and I wanted to say thank you for all the support. My surgery is this Friday and I'm scared. I've had major spine surgery and this one is scaring me. I think it is more emotional than anything.

Anyway wish me luck and I hope I do well!!

Thank you again!!!

Take care,

Debbie

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I am with you on this! I have spoken with different woman who have had this surgery and all I can remember anyone saying is that it was one of  the best decisions they ever made. In fact I have to admit I'm a little jealous because I haven't taken care of my problem yet. I had a date set for an embolism treatment but I cancelled it because of my fear as well. I'm not a good candidate for a less invasive partial or any less invasive treatments for that matter. The pain and nausea scare me (I'm such a big baby ;-) I know I don't know you and I probably haven't spoken with you before. But my prayers are with you for quick healing, no complications and peace of mind! Take care & be well,

Elana

• Posted

Hi Elana,

We have spoken to each other. I remember your name smile

I really think you should get your procedure done. You will feel so much better. I know it's scary, but think about how great you'll feel when it's all over.

Thank you so much for your prayers and good wishes!!!

Please please call your doctor back and schedule your appointment. Let me know when you do. I'll check in on you smile

Hugs

Debbie

• Posted

Hi Debbie, hope all goes well for you Friday will be thinking of you. Please be reassured that people generally write on forums to support each other or to complain! 6 weeks ago today I had abdominal hysterectomy and yes it is best decision I made. I now have no pain, bleeding and no enormous lump in abdomen and have le are given and you will be well. It is only natural to be scared. Staff on the ward were so supportive and the other women were also. I can now walk 10k without any problem and I am no athlete believe me! My best wishes to you.
    • Posted

Hi Jeanette

I've complained and received support for months as stated and I've done the same for them.

Like I said I couldn't pick up where I left off. The ladies asked me to let them know so I did. Many of them helped me through this difficult time.

I am very happy to hear your surgery went well and you feel fantastic. I can only hope to feel the same fairly quickly.

Thank you for the well wishes.

• Posted

Hi Debbie, wasn't having a go at you . I meant forums in general not this one in particular. It's somewhere to get understanding as people do think it's not usually absolutely necessary life saving surgery but "elective". I don't think you will regret it. You do get to a point when enough is enough. I only became calm inside once I arrived on the ward then the fear just left me. Basically you get your head around it in the end. Friday is day one in your new life.
    • Posted

Did you have the complete hysterectomy? I was considering the embolism treatment and they said the whole thing takes 6 months to really see the true benefits, ugh! :-/ Im not a candidate for other types of less invasive so it's either this or the complete removal. Call me vain but I already had a csection and I dont want another slice taken out of me. I might consider it if I thought it would end all my troubles. Any thoughts?
    • Posted

Sorry sent to wrong person, technophobe that I am. I discounted UAE due to having possibility of bits falling out,  i.e dead fibroids and length of time for possible good result. The bleeding was bad enough could not imagine being at work with bits of me falling out. Gross!
    • Posted

Thank you! I am looking forward to being pain free. I also have family history of cancer so my doctor said it is a good idea to do this and I am fine with it.
  • Posted

Hi Elana, yes I had a 16 week size uterus full of fibroids removed ovaries also taken as I am 55 this week and hopefully they have done their job. Also had ovarian cyst. My mother also died of ovarian cancer so I saw no reason to keep them. Have started having flushes since 1st week post op but they are very mild and a better trade off than the pain. Pain was so severe at times I could barely walk. Things were getting worse not better so decision made. No one can tell you how successful it will be but if you have had Esmya or injections and then felt well your chances are it will benefit you. They will open up old scar so you won't have another. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.