Hysterectomy with Anterior and Posterior Repair

Posted , 6 users are following.

I found out I have complex cysts, fibroids and adenomyosis. I will be going through Vaginal Hysterectomy , Anterior and Posterior Repair tomorrow September 13th. I'm trying to find advice on the after pain and how to deal with the changes in my body. 

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Arvil, I am 5 weeks post op. Had total abdominal hysterectomy and prolapse repair.  I also had large fibroid removed along with polyps.  I began to turn a corner comfort wise around 3 weeks and have picked up from week to week from there. I am driving short trips now and starting to get out and about.  I have just come across this article which you may find useful. I found it reAlly informative and thorough. Good luck with your op. 

Moderator comment: I have removed the link(s) directing to site(s) unsuitable for inclusion in the forums. If users want this information please use the Private Message service to request the details.

http://patient.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/398316-adding-links-to-posts

http://patient.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/398331-private-messages

• Posted

Hi Avril . I am also due my op tomorrow , cervix / uterus removal pelvic muscles stitched back . Through Vagina , my hospital just phone to say my op maybe cancelled :-( . Due to bed shortage , but continue with the arrangements made , but not leave home till I get a call .

Was you given any milkshakes take prior to tomorrow ? Also a powdered drink take morning of op ? .

Hope all goes well for you x

• Posted

I had the same op in May and was surprised at how good I felt afterwards.I took pain killers for the first couple of days but didn't need them after that. My tips are these. Do as you are told! Rest - don't lift a heavy kettle or hair dryer, shopping,  or wet clothes. No vacuuming or sweeping. Get a clutch stick so that you don't have to bend over and pick up the things you drop.  Avoid constipation with prunes and anything else they give you. You'll have a pinkish discharge - mine lasted for eight weeks. Occasionally a stitch dissolves and you may get a spot of blood. Don't panic! You can start gentle pelvic floor exercises quite early on and that will help prevent a repeat prolapse. If you haven't reached the menopause you may need help to balance your hormones. Don't hesitate to talk to your medics if you start feeling depressed. There. That's enough to be going on with! Good luck to you both - big hugs, positive energy and it's going to be fine. 😀

• Posted

Hi Avril,

I hope your operation was successful & you don't feel too sore. 

Have you looked at the Genitourinary Prolapse forum? If not it's really worth a try as there are many of us who have had the same (or similar) op as you. I had an anterior repair & hysterectomy 3 years ago & found this site the best place for advice. I will be having a rectoenterocele repair in November. Best wishes. 🌻

• Posted

Hi Avril . Hope your op

Went to plan   . Hope your feeling ok . Had mine done on 13 th feeling good just tired off tummy ache . Did hospital

Give you any medication xx

• Posted

I had mine on the 13th and the first 3 days were hard for me day and night! I'm up and walking Lil by Lil and yes, I got pain meds given until I see my urogynecologist in 4-5 weeks now. 

• Posted

I have been very lucky it seems , Saturday was my worse day . Guess my after care check up come in post in 5 weeks .

Hoping each day is better one for you .x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.