Hysterectomy with anterior and posterior repairs, recovery questions.

Posted , 3 users are following.

It has been 12 days since my surgery.  I had a hysterectomy via robotic assisted laparoscopic, my Fallopian tubes were removed, a cystocele repair, a rectocele repair, a urethra sling and my bladder "tacked" back into place.  So I have 4 - 1 inch incisions in my abdomen, and the rest was done vaginally. My doctor also did a cystoscopy to look into the bladder and confirmed I have interstitial cystitis as well.

I am wondering what a realistic recovery time is going to be and what I will experience during that time.  I'm struggling to sleep at night.  I've had 3 good nights since surgery and I feel so much better the next day.  Last night was not a good night and I'm sore and achy.  I am on 800 mg ibuprofen every 8 hours and pyridium every 8 hours.  If I get behind on my medication, it takes a while to get feeling better again.  

As I had so many procedures done, I am expecting my recovery to be different and possibly longer than if I had just had the hysterectomy.  I've been told not to lift over 8 pounds.  I got in trouble for walking 1200 steps in a day.  So I am basically on the couch with occasional trips to the bathroom and kitchen.

Has anyone else had a similar experience?  Any information would be helpful.  Thank you!

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

I also have interstitial cystitis and am supposed to have rectocele, cystocele, hysterectomy and urethra stitched to my bladder instead of a sling, as it is made of polypropylene.(mesh material)

I wanted to know if you had increase in pain and duration of your IC after surgery. This is one of my fears.

I hope you are doing well.

Thanks Kim

• Posted

I had posterior anterior repair with sling and 4meshes.Its been 3weeks and brown blood keeps coming out.My blood pressure very low.Hope your feeling better.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.