Hysteroscopic myomectomy

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all, I'm 33 and have not yet had children in spite of trying. I had a laparoscopy last week which confirmed endometriosis and also a very large Submucosal fibroid which I've just been needs removing if I want a chance of conceiving and to redue pan ect. I need to have hormone injections fro three months to try to shrink it and then a Hysteroscopic myomectomy. I am feeling horrendously emotional, possibly post op but also he said there is a small risk of hysterectomy.  has anyone had this done? any advice would be most welcome, I just keep bursting into tears.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Dear SJ1983,

If it would be me i would try everything alternative medicine and treatemnts before giving up to the so called western medicine. AS regarding age, I was 37 when my first healhy o was brn, and ten  whe my scond healtyboy ws born I coul o get pregnant for many years and doctors checked for everything an could not hel Wha  did  rned to !00% Organic, I lots vitaminsat helpwiht fertility and never ever got any vaccines! The lastes one is extremely crucial! Good look and trust n your body's ablity to do wha you want it to do by doing the things your body require.

• Posted

Thank you Dioka,

I will definately look at all options. I'm so glad that everything worked out for you and yes I too am a great believer in trying alternatives. I will weigh it all up,

• Posted

Hi, I had a fibroid removed by hysteroscopy last monday.  It went well and took about 45 mins, i had a general anaesthetic. Hope all goes well for you.  Best wishes.
    • Posted

Thank you, that's very reassuring, so glad to hear it went well for you. did you have the hormone suppressive injections prior to you op too?

• Posted

No, I have numerous fibroids but the one that was removed was small enough to have it done by hysteroscopy.  I had it removed due to post menopausal bleeding.  I am 58.  It has been sent for histology but fibroids are usually benign.  I can assure you i was serioiusly considering not having it done as i was really anxious. I'd had a hysteroscopy last year also as they thought it was a polyp, but for some reason that surgeon didn't remove it when he found it was a fibroid. I have been bleeding for 2 years now, most days, but overall felt well in myself.

My friend at work has a larger one and is on a med called ESmy (not sure how that's spelt) but similarly it is to reduce the size of the fibroid, so she can have it removed or give her more time to become menopausal, as they are meant to shrink at menopause.  Obviously mine refuse but i am also on HRT so that might be part of the problem.

It's hard to know what to do, but as far as a mymectomy is concerned I had worried myself so unnecessarily and watched videos on websites about it all and read all that can go wrong, by the end of of it all i had worn myself out.   In the end i decided to have it done.  Even if it doesn't resolve my problem at least i know i have been thoroughly investigatedsmile   Let me know how you get on whatever you decide.

• Posted

P.S. forgot to add, i went home the same day without any pain.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.