Hysteroscopic resection of fibroids - Anyone had this?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hey Peeps,

I had the above procedure to remove two fibroids on 5th August 2019. I wanted to know whether your period was delayed or came early and what was it like?

I am currently having treatment with a fertility clinic and wanted to know how soon would I be able to start treatment? I was going to resume in October. I intend on having this conversation with my GP but it is so difficult to get an appointment, so in the interim it would be great to hear your personal experiences.

Thank you in advance, many blessings x x x

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi Patricia,

Well... I'm loathe to be the first response to your thread, but I have had this procedure three times. I guess that in itself is an indication that it did not work for me. I really hope you get some more positive stories on here. Now currently taking norethisterone without a break and waiting for endometrial ablation - hysterectomy will be my very last resort.

However, just because it didn't work for me doesn't necessarily mean it won't be successful for you or others - we are all different, and I guess so much depends on the size, type, number and location of our fibroids.

Wishing you all the best in your healing journey xx

• Posted

Hey there,

thank you for responding it has been useful 😃 it is still useful to hear the experience of others.

x x

• Posted

tbh my procedure to remove my fibriods (myomectomy) i had mentally decided that when my period decides to make an appearance, it will do so! The reason is that i had 25 removed, which accounted for 98% of them. i have the remaining 2% in me - it would have resulted in a full hysterectomy. which i did not consent too!

so now i am 6 months post operation and i monitor my periods, which are now every 22-28 days (varies) & last 7 days solid, with blood clots. Which is normal. i am anemic too. I wish you the very best in your journey.❤

• Posted

that is an awful lot of fibroids. I do however believe with continuing treatment you will get there in the end.

unfortunately patience is part and parcel with these silly things.

thank you for responding x

• Posted

Hello there, i had this procedure done 2 years ago and it was the best thing i did because i had heavy bleeds and was becoming anaemic. after this procedure my period became so light and the effects of the submuscosal fibroid disappeared ....well fast forward 2 years after i had other ones that were outside my uterus so i couldn't do this anymore but settled for the UFE procedure which i have done already and so far am recovering well . hope this helps . i think you will have improved symptoms as well.

• Posted

Hi there... I just wanted to get in touch with my story. I had a 12cm submucoasal fibroid which was making my life hell. I was bleeding extremely heavily daily with massive clots literally pumping out of me. The first thing I tried was norethisterone which stopped the bleeding but was obviously a short term solution. I then had injections for the temporary menopause for a period of 6 months. To begin with, it made my Fibroid larger and I had an unreal amount of pressure pain but I kept at it and eventually it shrunk my Fibroid a lot.

The next step was a hysteroscopic resection. This was performed by 'myosure' method in hospital and I was advised that most of the fibroid was removed apart from some that was embedded in the womb wall which it was not safe to try and touch. This was March 2018. My period returned to normal roughly 3 weeks later and it was a normal period with no clotting etc. I fell pregnant in April. My little girl Brodie was born in January 2019. My periods since her birth have been completely normal... I am now on the mini pill and barely bleed at all. I have no doubt that I will be plagued with more fibroids in the future. For now, I'm very lucky to have my little girl at 37 years old, especially after being told previously that I would need a hysterectomy etc. Having the resection was the best thing I could have done. My symptoms were relieved hugely pretty much overnight.

Good luck for the future. Stay positive.

• Posted

Hey,

Thank you for sharing your story with me, I am glad it had a beautiful ending 😃

I would like to also congratulate you on the birth of your daughter!!! My first period has come and it is awful. I have taken the day off work as I feel so unwell.

Hopefully, I can start fertility treatment soon and get back to better health.

• Posted

So sorry to hear this, hopefully it doesn't last long though. It might take time for you to get some relief. Will having the fibroid removed not solve some of your fertility issue?

• Posted

☺ my fertility doctor suggested having it removed as it was in my uterine cavity which could potentially prevent implantation. I have a SIS this month to check whether i am healing properly and also to ensure there isnt any scarring.

If all goes well, my partner and i will begin treatment in october. i am excited and nervous at the same time as i dont want all of what i have been through to be for nothing.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.