Hysteroscopy, d&c, fibroid removal, iud

Posted , 3 users are following.

HI everyone. First time here. 8 days ago I had a hysteroscopy, d&c, fibroid removal and a mirena iud put in place. Just wondering as no one told me... how long does it take to recover? Just have slight ramping off and on still. And slight spotting once in a while

Also I was due to have my period yesturday, but because of the d&c should I even expect it?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Shemma. I know the hysteroscopy and fibroid removal takes about 2 weeks to recover. Everyone is different. Not sure re d and c. Are you in the UK ?  
  • Posted

I think it's well known that the mirena iud can cause spotting for a few months while it settles. The procedures may have unsettled your cycle. After my hysteroscopy I didn't have a period for six weeks. Hope you feel better soon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.