Hysterscopy

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi girls, doctor wants me to get hysterscopy done. They call it D and C also here. Is it necessary to have blood sugar normal for it ?

My blood sugar is giving me a lot of problem now. Fasting reading is much higher than post food. Ive changed my diet to suit diabetic needs and also go for walks. Please tell me what to do ? thanks

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

you need to discuss this with your doctors cut out all carbs do exercise as well as walks

• Posted

Hysteroscopy sounds scarier than it is, i had one a year ago because my age is 60 but i am still having erratic bleeding. All is fine. But dr ordered bloodwork too, because i wanted to be sure of where my body was in this journey. so I would say ask your dr about blood sugar levels,voice your concern .

• Posted

Thanks girls for your replies. I have been to the doctor, he has returned me and said to get my sugar in order before I get hysterscopy done.

My fasting reading is way too higher than normal but my PP is too low, Im scared with medicines i might experience hypoglcemic attacks during the day.

Im already prone to hypoglycemia off and on.

• Posted

If it is suitable, make sure they give you the medicine that softens and relaxes your cervix before the procedure. They just wheeled the cart in for me and jammed the probe up my business without so much as a 'by your leave.'

I'm sure you'll be fine. We're here for you!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.