I (17f) have this itchy irritation on my araeola

Posted , 3 users are following.

i'm 17 years old with no history of breast cancer on either side of my family. every year around winter time, my nipples (one or both) get dry, itchy and irritated. it has never looked like this before, however, and i'm very worried and paranoid. i have attached images below. i will be seeing a dermatologist soon about unrelated things but i will be bringing this up.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

This is quite common,especially in Winter when we pile those layers of clothing on to keep warm. Its an eczema and your dermatologist will probably give you some steroid cream to get it under control. After this ,make sure you use an unperfumed body cream or lotion every night to keep the skin and nipples from drying out.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.