i always fear i have a disease

Posted , 3 users are following.

So a copule months back, my cousin of 22 died of leukemia suddenly. she didn't know about it till the last moment. a few days later one of my professors died of leukemia as well. same with him, the only symptom with him was that he had a persistent fever and nothing else. he realised it was cancer at the last moment. at the time all i felt was upset for this people for dying so young but didn't pay it that much attention. but recently i started having extreme joint paint and fever. my ESR was 82 and i had a slighltly high uric acid level and high ASO level. after the doctor prescribed antibiotics for my joint pain, i started having chest pain as a side effect. but now i constantly wonder if i have blood ancer or a heart disease. my parents exasperated by me, went to another doctor who said that i was just going through an anxietydisorder. the recent deaths had scared me more than i thought. he prescribed anxiety medications but i have my exams goin on and anxiety medication makes you sleepy so i am unable to take it. so i just wanted to ask, is my breathing problems really due to anxiety. the doctor after doing  a physical check up said i was fine. he is considered to be a genius in his field but still can you know if you have cancer or a heart disease just by physical exam. and also my ESR is 82 but the doctor said it was because of my tonsilitis. does tonsilitis cause such high ESR or should i be worried?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Try not worry. I know its difficult but if your doc has checked u im sure your fine but if your doc was worried then he would tell u and would want to do more tests. Sounds i suffer from health anxiety and im constantly thinkin i have a horrible disease. Its horrible im also on anti depressants and goin to counselling its horrible i know but your not alone and im sure your just fine. Hope ur ok and get past this Chin up smile
  • Posted

Hi i feel like you to u esr was high but went back to normal my esophiline count kne of white blood cells keeps coming back high it should be under 4 it keeps jumping to 9 and 19 now 8 I don't no why thou. That's scares me i have lymth nodes I can feel but doctors keep saying nothing  wrong.   Aniexty causes alot of problems and I use resuce remedies I think there excellent love them.  Ur esr to me is quite high my doctors say 15 I think it should be under not to sure  I have are throat at moment it's been on going for few months doesn't seem to shift
  • Posted

Maybe try taking your meds at night. The meds do help. The blood test will tell you if there's anything wrong with you.. Trust the doctor.. I suffer from health anxiety also.. I do meditation off of you tube and it helps.. Good luck to you.. Your not alone and anxiety won't kill us.. ❌❌❌
  • Posted

thanks guys for all the support. but today i was sitting for a long time and then when i stood up my right leg started shaking as if it couldn't take my body weight. is this serious or nothing to worry about. i am scared that i might get paralysed. my first cousin is paralysed from the waist down. i am terrified. suggestions?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.