I always feel like throwing up when I am about to leave the house

Posted , 3 users are following.

Need some advice on this. I got sick about 8 years now and when it first happened it came out of nowhere. For the first 5 years I was stuck in a bed unable to do anything because I would throw up non stop. I have been in and out of hospitals. Been to the doctors unknown amount of times. I have been x-rayed, scopes on both ends, blood work, therapy and many different types of medication ( depression and anti anxiety pills like xanax, lexapro and a few others) depression pills will work for little while then I start to get worse with my sickness and still no closer to a Solution. I have abdominal pain and chest pain to to go with it. I am at the edge with this. I am unable to live a normal life because anytime I try to do anything like exercise or even try to go for a walk I start to throw up even if I have nothing in my stomach. I don’t know if anyone else is or has gone through this same thing before, but I need help so I can live a normal life.  Everything about me from all my tests are healthy but yet I still get sick for no reason at all. 

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Did anything show up on your tests?  Has any diagnosis been suggested?
    • Posted

No all my tests came back clear. We believe it to be stress at one point. When I took the lexapro xanax and others it help to were I was able to get out of bed and get around a bit easier, but now those types of pills don’t work anymore. They make me feel worse.  I believe my dr is at a loss about this also. I mean 8 years of this and still no closer to why I am feeling like this. 
    • Posted

Have you tried a food diary or changing your diet? Have you eaten anything you would not normally eat?  Stomach pain and nausea could be food intolerance.  Chest pain may be indigestion or costochondritis.  Have you had a chest X Ray? 

Have your bowel habits changed and does your stomach pain stay in one place or move about?

Keep going back to your doctor and ask for an anti sickness med.  If you have tried them and they don’t work, there are others you can try.  Anti depressants can cause nausea and vomiting so maybe they have made your nausea worse.

• Posted

Yes I have tried changing my diet and didn’t notice any difference.

I have been chest x-rayed. That came back I was  consitpated. My BM varies from day to day. Most times it’s solid pieces or diarrhea every now and then. I have tried different types of stool softener with no help on that either. My pain is all over the place from my chest to my stomach. 

I have also tried a few different nausea pills. The one I have now works the best so far, but when My nausea gets going when I am trying to going out and about it won’t work I’ll end up throwing it up.

I should add that when I throw up it’s either clear and sweet or yellow and sour. I also have to go all day without being able to eat anything if I try and go out or I’ll end up throwing it up. 

• Posted

Have you had an abdominal ultrasound or a celiac test?  It may be worth it to ask for stomach emptying test to check for gastroparesis because it can cause nausea and vomiting too.

Also ask your doctor about IBS since you have altered bowel habits, shifting stomach pain and nausea.  If all your tests are negative, IBS can be diagnosed.

• Posted

Forgot to add that a food diary may help identify a food trigger.
    • Posted

I have had a ultra sound when it first started at its worst point. I have had a colonoscopy and endoscopy and they both came back clear. They thought it might have been IBS which they gave me a few different types of medication to use for it and it didn’t make a difference. 
    • Posted

As for the food part I don’t believe it has a big part on it because I still feel like throwing up without eating anything all day. Don’t matter if it’s water or food I’ll throw it up if I try to do anything. 
    • Posted

If it is IBS, it won’t show on any scan and you will have to try several medications to find a suitable one.  Was the Fodmap diet ever mentioned?

Your very best solution is to keep seeing your doctor for a firm diagnosis. Constant vomiting will make you very weak with loss of nutrients.

• Posted

They have had me try a few different pills for IBS, but the GI stopped that because I would have really bad diarrhea all day long.

No the GI never mentioned anything about a fodmap neither has my doctor. 

I have been going to doctors for 8 years now about the same thing. Any recommendations on what I should have them check for? I’ve been through all the major tests they wanted me to do ( couple times for some of the tests) and all clean and normal. I’m at a loss what to do next. 

• Posted

Ask your doctor forca stomach emptying test to look for gastroparesis which causes nausea and vomiting.
    • Posted

I will talk to my doctor about it and see about it. I did notice one of the side effects are weight loss with  most everything. Only issue is that I don’t lose weight I gain. I have gained 125lbs at least in the last few yrs even with all the throwing up I’ve done. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.