I always think im having a heart attack

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello, im Jessica. 24, average weight for my age and height. I dont really exercise alot have a sit down job and just do the day to day thing. But i a. Convinced im having a heart attack. Ive gotten test ran twice now over a 5 year time frame and they both checked out. I dont want to go back because it just keeps racking and im just told i have anxiety but i just dont seem to be hearing it... sporadically ill have pains in my chest, usually they are localized but they are very often usually daily. Then other time they ate accompanied with collarbone and left are pain. Im always stiff and achy due to a sick down job, but idk what to do anymore. Im scared.i feel as if iam going to drop dead. I get so scared that i start to panic and have an attack. Can anyone relate to this? Help me out please.

Also sorry for the typos. Experiencing some pain now.. while im on vaca 😑

Thanks in advance.

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Because an adrenaline effects the heart and causes palps and fast beats and aches everyone jumos to heart attacks. We would all be dead already. Its an adrenaline rush. It is cause and effect. When you stop fearing it, and feeding into that thought it will calm down. Then a new worry will arise but youll be done fearing the heart attacks. Sadly its intensly common. So believe the tests and read thru this forum and then find a good therapist to help you learn to deal with the anxiety. You dont have to live like this. Unfortunately its lifeling but it can be managed most of the time. 
    • Posted

Thank you Lisa, sometimes it is nice to just hear so reassuring advice. I know it's common, and readimg these blogs really do help me. I truly appreciate you taking the time out respond and give me some kind words.

Here's to a better life.

• Posted

Welcome Jessica,

I agree with everything Lisa has said. I know it'sdifficult to believe that this is anxiety but from  reading your post, I came to the conclusiion that it IS anxiety.

I really hope you'll start to feel better soon, and keep us posted because we're here to help you - any time. It's horrible that you're suffering like this but you'll find a lot of support from the members of  this Forum. We're here for you and we don't judge people. We're all in the same boat!

Can I add that drinkingcamomile tea three or four times a daay is also very good for calming you down. If you don't like the taste, add somehoney or sugar.

Love from Tess.  xxx

• Posted

I can relate massively to what you Written!! I've had anxiety since being young and tried to control it myself, however it gets the better of me sometimes and sends me into a panic attack! I suffer with health anxiety and my heart is my main worry. I check my pulse atleast 5 times a day as I always feel it's beating wrong. I have palpitations which is caused by anxiety but also hormones. I've had 2 ECGs both came back normal but I still find it hard to accept. Anxiety is a horrible thing and can take over your life. I'm 28 now, married witb a beautiful 2 year old and since giving birth my anxiety had hit a new high and I suffer almost every day. I've only now started to think about seeking medical help!!

• Posted

Thank you for taking the time out to post. I appreciate it. I'll do my best to keep you all posted. Since I've been hoke from vacation I am feeling a lot better. Not sure why, but I am okay with that. Again thank you. I'll have to try the tea.

smile

• Posted

Me too, I am constantly checking it. Even if it is normal, there is always doubt. It is so exhausting. I DO NOT ever wish this upon anyone, but it is reassuring that I am not the only one. I hope things get better for you as well. I have a suggestion..IDK if you get your anxiety more so at night and have problems sleeping..(i do). I downloaded an app called "calm" it is for meditation. It has done wonders for me. You should try it. It makes me go right to sleep.

• Posted

Great! I'll give that a go, thank you. Yeah it is horrid! I always have the doom feeling too like something bad is going to happen I find it really hard to shake off. I'm a stay at home mum at the moment and my husband works most days, I find myself thinking about things more then. When I worked full time I hardly ever suffered. I really hate it. I get shortness of breath a lot too which I hate. I've had tests done for asthma but it came back Normal..she said anxiety is a main cause. But I find it hard to talk to people about it as I always feel daft. I just hate the feeling...it takes over your life

• Posted

jessica...I am really sorry about my rant below.

I don't know what got into me...I'm going to ask the Moderator to remove it as it was not helpful to you at all.

• Posted

It's okay. I was going to respond, but couldn't think of the right words. Thank you for realizing that it isn't helpful. Maybe I shouldn't have anything to worry about, maybe nothing is wrong, although nothing traumatic has happened to me, I still can't explain or control the way that I feel. It's a chemical imbalance of some sort and I am not in the position to explain how that works. I accept your apology.

Thanks

• Posted

thanks jess...I'm just an angry person right now.

Anxiety is powerful..and i"m sorry you have it.

• Posted

i reported my own post..lol..what a jerk I can be.

As you get older....you will see if your anxiety keeps up...it harms ALL relationships...even strangers in this case.

• Posted

Every now and then stop and think. How would i feel without that thought? How would i feel thinking i am healthy?  Its good to visit that at times. Sometimes it can even wake up your mind to be like ooh i like feeling good and today im going to create and enjoy the day... allow that. Embrace that. 
  • Posted

You don't have to go through a traumatic experience to suffer with anxiety! I am 28 and suffer terribly! It's not as easy as to wake up one morning and go 'oh I think I won't be anxious today' I've hidden mine for many years feeling so stupid at times...what the orevious post said about 'there not being anything wrong with you' is exactly why I have difficulty visiting a professional for them to turn to me and say oh your 28 there can't be out wrong with you!! How rediculas. I got turned away once by a doctor cos I wasnt 'old enough' to be suffering with a serous kidney infection only to collapse and end up in hospital in a bad way. I am very happy in life and wouldn't say I am depressed by far infact I love my life maybe this is a massive reason to why I have anxiety with fear of losing it. Many people have anxiety and it doesn't just come in the form of chest pains etc. I grew up not having a clue I had it it frightened me and it's a small comfort knowing what I have now.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.