i am 13 and i have had threadworms for about 2 weeks i h...

Posted , 3 users are following.

i am 13 and i have had threadworms for about 2 weeks i havent told my parents as i am too embarased so i was wondering if their is any other way to get rid of the worms except the medicine because i am embarased about going to the pharmacy

thanks

[i:4b6a6a6f82]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:4b6a6a6f82]

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Don't be embarrassed. It happens to loads of people children and adults. It's very important that you let your parents know as they may also have them and will need treatment as well. Your whole family will need to follow the hygiene methods shown on this website, if you wish to get rid of the worms. I, as an adult, know from experience how unpleasant it is to have them and, although it is hard work stopping the cycle of reinfection, it's definitely worth it.

So go ahead, tell your parents because this is definitely something you need to sort out together.

Good luck!

[i:668503a31f]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:668503a31f]

• Posted

hello i am 12 i am sick of having them i just want to be able to be frre from this disgusting thing i have to keep picking then out now my bum is so sore the i have a little lump i am so scared i have kinda hinted to my mum and she was angery because she say i should be old enough to know that i have to wash my hand and things like that i just want them gone with a quick remady i can do myself please i hate t sadsad :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: [b:9dcf264f7d][/b:9dcf264f7d]
  • Posted

Oh you poor thing! I had worms quite a few times as a child and had to confess to my family on a number of painfully embarrassing occasions. The medicine used to be a bit ikky but did the trick in a day! My brothers were fed up of their little sister bringing home the wriggly critters (I used to bite my nails and the toilets at school were not the most hygenic). So go for it - don't feel bad, let your family know - they all need to take the meds and try and keep your hands clean and out of your mouth!

Good luck :P

• Posted

so yeah, threadworms. I'm 13 too, had them for a few weeks. At first i couldn't beleive it, like eww but then I realised that hey, i don't really wash my hands that well and i bite my nails, I kinda earnt it.

So on sunday I went to the pharmacy after looking up over the counter meds. It was stupidly easy - I went in and asked for ovex - they asked if i wanted a family pack or single, I bought a single (one tablet) for like £3 and took it that day and changed my sheets. I still have them but I don't want to take the back up until two weeks.

I was hoping that someone else in my family will catch them and then I can take the meds with them once they own up.

Just go and get the meds , your local pharmacy will have them, they won't judge you, they don't actually care.

• Posted

Nice posting guest! You did the right thing, hopefully you are sorted now!

:surfer:

• Posted

im 11 and im scared about telling my mum, i kept making jokes up that i had worms becuase i kept eating laods and she kept saying dont be silly !! i cant go to the pharmacy becuse i dont live near one! im sick of having to get them form my bum and im not sleeping much ! im hyginic and dont bit my nails !

hellllllllllllllp:'(

• Posted

hey, im a teeneger, and ive been living with them for ages. like nearly a year! after crying myself to sleep for almost a month, i plucked up the courage to tell my mum. she wasnt mad. she knew it wasnt my fault at all. she was upset that i hadnt told her sooner, i am going to the doctors tomorow hopefully they will sort it out. good luck xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.