I am 14 (almost 15) and have had threadworms for 2-3 years.

Posted , 1 user is following.

I am surprised that i am not the only one my age to have this problem... I didnt know it was so common :roll: .

Basically, I started getting all of the symptoms awhile ago, and i chose to ignore it. Figured it was normal or something... Ha!

Turned out, i had em. I had no idea what they were, but was scared as heck when i first saw the little buggers.

I have yet to tell anyone, its so embarrassing. I know it's \"common\" and all, and i have read about it online, but i cant seem to get myself to tell anyone.

I need help!

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Go to the chemist and buy a medicine called [b:7e29b1dfd7]Ovex[/b:7e29b1dfd7], its only one pill, itll kill everything in there smile
  • Posted

Thanx for the tip.

I have heard that it works. At least most of the time.

I will talk to them.

• Posted

You might need a second dose a week or so after just to finish them off smile
  • Posted

You have had wise advise, although if you have had the little buggers for a while, personal experience... you need to go to the doctors! they're a common complaint, dont worry. sometimes you need stronger medicine than over the counter products. take care, Auntie B x x x
  • Posted

my 8 year old has worms n was also too embarrased to tell me for a lil while but i told him he can tell me anything n not to be embarrased so he told me he thought he had wormy things in his poo so i made him an appointment at the docs who gave him some vermox (banana flavour) which is just one spoon per family member just to eliminate spreading of the lil buggers, but i intend to medicate the family again in 2 weeks just to make sure the lil sods are all dead..

dont be too ashamed to tell your mom or doc... its always better to get things dealt with sooner rather than later..

• Posted

My 15 year old daughter has recently suffered with worms and she was embarrased too!! However she was able to make a joke about this. We just went to the chemist and bought OVEX. It did the trick!! Don't worry about it, it's more common than you think. Chances are you have caught them from younger siblings or children you are in contact with. Make sure you take a second tablet in two weeks time. Tip of the day!! Buy a family pack just in case you get them again.
  • Posted

[quote:e5860d08d6] hun u need to the treatment, repeat it again and agian and again and agian, wear pants in bed doooooo nooooottttt touch ur bum try hard, try hard. Do not use the same towel again, wash it. Wash bedding daily. Have u got a carpet washer? Wash ur room Weekly with carpet washer. My daughter has them. I think the treatment is a bit severe, bad somach cramps etc dirorrear but we have done two treatments so far n not worked, but we are getting there I wash bedding daily and she has nicks inside her pjs, all washed daily. I carpet wash her room 2 weekly and hoover every day. She still has them. We are going for the supertreatment from the docs. Our hygiene is good, shower every morn, but she sleeps over alot wid her friends but good , dont despaire they are hard to get rid of but u can. remember short nails, wash hands all the time and moisturise after for cracked hands. scrubb finger nails or cut them off. shower in da morn and above all dont scratch. You are putting the eggs onto your fingernails or skin and then reinfestation occurs. Clean clean clean clean n lots of the pill or mixture, Keep taing it for at least six weeks and beyond is my estimate. The one that kils the worms mebendazole. Get ur doc to prescribe it for at least six times thats what Im doing. Good Luck I know what this is like

[/quote:e5860d08d6]

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.