I am 18 years old female, ESR level is 23 according to recent observation.

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have been feeling feverish for more than 3 months,when I take medicines it vanishes for few days and then reappears when I leave the course. Now I am at a stage where antipyretics or antibiotics cause pain in my stomach if I take them for more than two days. What does all this indicates?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Alista .. surely you muse be taking the antibiotics for longer than a few days as stopping a 7 to 10 day course can cause all sorts of problems .. if you find it is affecting your stomach you can get probetic medication that protectrl the stomach lining .. even yoghurt is a anti - probetic that assists with this complaint

I hope you get all resolved .. Peter

• Posted

There are two types of microorganisms in your gut: the type that defend your gut lining from everything that shouldn't be coming into your body and the type that are opportunistic. When you take antibiotics you destroy both of them, so make sure to restore the good bugs in your gut (take probiotics) and feed them (eat fiber rich food every day - beans and apples with the skin are especially good).

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.