I am 22 years old and right now I have chicken pox. What should I do

Posted , 6 users are following.

i am 22 years old and to day is the second day with chickenpox. I am very itchy. I've used calamine lotion and took a oatmeal bath and I am still very itchy. My sister and brother also never had chicken pox be for. Could they get from me?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

i can totally relate to you,im 25 and this is my third day and it is awful,iv used everything but nothing seems to help,they could get it or they might not it really depends on the individual either way children get it mild,my daughter just had it and she was fine not one complaint.how are you dealing with it now?its comforting to know im not alone!
  • Posted

I am 19, this is my 5th day with chickenpox and I just keep getting more and more spots... nothing is healing, calamine doesn't help, paracetamol doesn't get the temperature down...I am getting really worried, I have been to a walk-in centre and a hospital and the hospital just gave me some Aciclovir yesterday...apperantly too late.

P.S. Thakfully I am not itchy at all, however the spots break on their own, so i will probably have loads of scars...

• Posted

i am 19 years old and this is the third day of my chicken pox .

instead of saying negative things i will focus on saying healing things.

i felt pain last night  but now i am fine somehow.

my mother had spread (neem) leaves all around my bed and asked me to sleep barely on it.

i visited a doctor and following her instructions properly.

medicines are not for cure in this case if you use medicines you can limit the daywise growing pox till 300-400 rather than 3000-4000.

avoid anything that makes your stomach upset or warm.

drinking coconut juice which vendors sell can be very good to keep your body healthy.

drink at least 5 bottles of water a day.

water is the most powerful tool to help your body detoxify.

the situation is such that more the fluid you take the more of it you fall sort of.

now coming to itching part 

never never never scratch your pox or pore especially when it comes to the face.

you decide :   pain of few days or life long inevitable  mark.

just take a neem branch or a clean soft cloth to satisfy yourself but remember if /your pore bursts or is affected physically chances are there of many upcoming pores next day .

so, be free and relaxed.

chicken pox is a mentally challenging task.

have a clear mindset.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.