I am 26 years old and I have a lung mass of 4.7x3.5 CM

Posted , 4 users are following.

Good afthernoon, 

I am writing in order if someone has met this situation before and have any ideea. 

Last month, during my vacation, i got hurt on my left side on my ribs, Afther 2 days the pain was getting worse so I went to the doctor. They put me to x-ray and they discovered in my right superior lobe a solid mass of dimensions 4.7x3.5. As soon as i got home i went for further investigations. I have made blood tests, for tumoral markers which came out negative. I went for a CT which only confirmed that the mass is there and now we have a better image of what is in the lung. Also i have made a brohonscopy which came out negative for cancer cells and it excluded the posibility of having tuberculosis.  Unfortunatly they couldn't reach the areea where i have the mass so they don't have a diagnostic.I have made all the usual blood tests and also a EKG.everything came out normal.  I am a smocker, I have smocked for 12 years until now, as an average 7 tigaretes per day. My general condition is very good, I practice sports whitout any problems, I didn't lose weight and I don't caugh. Now the doctors want to put me in surgery without having a diagnosis and I am not very sure about this. I will ask this days other oprinions from several doctors. 

The doctors speack until now about a tumor or a cyst.

Do you happen to know any other test or machine that can put me a diagnosys. Please give any information that you will find usefull. 

Thank you!

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hello notar,

It is perfectly possible that it is a benign cyst, but until they can reach, presumably this is the reason for surgery, they won't know. 

Have you had any Spirometry tests done? This would give a good idea of what your lung function and capacity is. 

You have every right to refuse surgery, should that be your personal choice, but if you have any kind of medical or life insurance, it could affect your policy. 

It seems that all in all you're a healthy person (besides the smoking, *raises hand*, I'm a smoker too! Not judging!).

Perhaps someone else can offer more information and ideas. 

Best wishes, and please let us know how you get on, whichever path you choose to take. 

*hugs*, hanb

• Posted

Thank you for your quick answer ! I have done also the spirometry and the lungs function properly! Regarding the insurance it will not be Any problem if I refuSe the surgery! Thank you very much! Best regards, Laura
    • Posted

Hi Laura, 

You're welcome :-) 

It would seem from all your tests and their results that you're not 'suffering' from anything, but it would seem that if you need your mind put at ease, that the surgery may be the only option for an absolute, definitive answer. But, either way, you have every right to opt out of surgery. It seems they've tried, or you've requested and received every possible test, and COPD is NOT a diagnosis, equally CANCER is NOT a diagnosis. 

You're going to have to weigh up the pros and cons of surgery, and follow your gut feeling. 

All best wishes, with hugs, hanb :-)

• Posted

Hello Jay, 

I am from Romania. I have read about this oil and it promises a lot , but for now I searching for other opinions from other doctors regarding a diagnosys because first I have to be sure that it is a tumor. Until now the doctors only guess what it could be. Now i gattered all the results and I will see other doctors. Maybe, somewhere in Europe or aroung i can find a machine or a test that can put me a dyagnosis. Thank you very much and I will have this in my mind as a treatment. 

Have a nice day!

Laura

• Posted

Hi

I understand this is a troubled time for you. Remember the only way that you can get a free hundred percent diagnosis is by surgical biopsy. If it is a cancer ( remember bronchoscopy is not confirmatory and can miss cancer) then it will pick it up and really will be at the stage where it can be treated. Either way surgery will remove the mass. Gives you peace of mind. 

• Posted

Hi Laura 

just to reiterate bronchoscopy it's not hundred percent. If it picks up cancer you know what it is. If it shows nothing or comes up negative it does not prove anything. R

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.