I am 5 days out from surgery on my trapezium joint

Posted , 5 users are following.

i am five days into post op from having surgery on my trapezium joint and tendon. i am exp a lot of bruising in my fingers. is this normal? . i havent had much pain, so thats good!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Been one year for me , the first 4 - 6 weeks were rough for me , pain wise but after that , things improved rapidly. One year later - the pain is virtually gone , and I have no real restrictions. I cant believe you have no pain this soon after - thats a great sign - good luck with your recovery .

• Posted

thank you for your responses and encouragement.

i am 2 1/2 weeks out. I had severe bruising from the surgical bandage being to tight. it will take awhile to heal. its still very dark.

i am now experiencing pain. I start therapy next monday. i honestly cannot wait. i need to get my wrist moving. its stiff. im usually a very active person and this this has been tough. i still at times have swelling, ice and elevation helps. i didnt have to have a cast after the bandage was removed. i am in a thumb wrist splint until therapy and they will make one to fit my hand. Im hoping this will decrease my pain. still happy I had the surgery though!

• Posted

Hi Carrie - just cheering you on from the sidelines! I'm in for both thumbs next week - sounds similar to your procedure in that I'll be in a splint rather than cast after the initial bandages.

Hang in there!! I'll be following your progress - keep posting, and keep positive!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.