I am 51 years old and notice high urination at night between 1.5 to 2 hours

Posted , 3 users are following.

Can you please tell me what is cause and solution

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

If you drink any carbonated drinks before bedtime, this can cause leakage. If you drink any caffeine, it can cause leakage. These can occur at any age. I know since I have had it happen . If you are male it can be because you have a prostate problem, an enlarged prostate, calked BPH, may be the cause. I am male but mine

is caused by a false entry into my bladder, whereby my urine poles

into 2 different areas so I do not empty completely, per my urologist. I had a cystoscopy which indicated the diagnosis. A scoperation is put through a male penis to locate if there is a problem. I know nothing about female atatomy, but I assume it is the same.

It is also called overactive bladder, or stress. incontinence or a contracted bladder. In males it is also called post drip dribbling. Mine was simply called dribbling. If you look on the internet there are ways to help stop it, butsome report they don't or do help. Only a doctor can determine if it is possible. Others resort to padding or adult diapers.

In my case, I don't leak as much as I did in the past , mostly because I am on a reduced drinking habit due to being on dialysis. I am limited to 4 cups of liquid (US standards ), which includes any water, juices, ice cream, or anything the turns to liquid including gelatin products.

I am not a doctor, so ask the advice from a doctor.

Don't be embarrassed, I am sure doctors have heard about these problems from both men and women. Young and old.

My problem started at age 20 and it still occurs at age 66. I use padding, I tried the commercial male padding but it was too bulky and I prespired too much , so I pad with toilet paper.

Good luck in your search to stop your incontinence before it becomes a major problem

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.