I am 7 weeks post op on my right foot. 6 week checkup the bone is not healing. Pain and discolored

Posted , 3 users are following.

Had a CT scan ordered by my doctor today to investigate why the bone isn't healing. I am in a walking boot and have been weight bearing for 5 weeks with minimal swelling, but still some pain. Since my appointment (8/29) I have been in pain (between a 4 & 6 I'd say. Ow) and now now have just noticed that the top and side of my foot are turning a brownish color with a little bit of swelling and a pain at about a 5. Anyone experience this? Any advice?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jessica,

Sorry to hear bout your foot. What procedure did you have done and have you been walking with your boot since 2 weeks post-op? I experienced my foot turning purple when I hadn't been elevating and icing behind the knee often enough but not brown. I would let my doctor know about your pain levels and the color of your foot as soon as possible if I were you.

• Posted

Ah I can't remember the name and don't have my papers at the moment. Quite extensive. 2 incisions, one along the side of the foot as per usual, quite large, and another small one on top between the big toe and second toe to fix crooked toes. I have been walking in the boot since 8 days post op. I still ice and elevate regularly. Of course the doctor is away for the long weekend! May be headed for a trip to urgent care  to ease my mind, as the color is a little more off today sad. Thanks for responding!!! 

• Posted

I can't believe they have you weight bearing so soon after surgery. I had Lapidus surgery on my right foot for bunion and hammer toe correction for the second toe. Two screws were placed across the first TMT joint, and I had joint resection of the second toe with a pin inserted. I was in a cast and was to be non-weight bearing for six weeks before I got to wear the walking boot. I hope you get better very soon!

Best wishes and God bless!

• Posted

Hello again Jessica,

I was just wondering how your foot is doing.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.