I am 9 weeks in from total hip replacement having knee pain on the same side.

Posted , 2 users are following.

I had a total hip replacement anterior approach 9 weeks ago. I haven't been over doing walking or therapy due to having knee pain on the same leg. I've been icing and heating and its not getting any better. Has anyone had this happen to them?

1 like, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Edited

knee pain is a real set back. once you can get it under control like icing until swelling clears not much else can be done except wait. my last revision my knee was really swollen bad and funny i never had issues with that knee before. lots of reason why i wont go into but in time in a few weeks it will get better. a pain patch helped a lot and rest knee up on a pillow . only do what you feel comfortable doing. cant rush healing of knee or hip... sooo take this time to find ways that keep you happy and distracted from this current issue. this will pass too. chocolate helps too.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.