I am 9 years old and have suffered with SVT since the ag...

Posted , 1 user is following.

I am 9 years old and have suffered with SVT since the age of 7 and my heart rate is 250 bpm. I have made the decision today to have the ablation procedure done. I am going to have it within the next 6 months, my doctor told me. Am I the youngest to have this? I get them every 6-8 weeks. :?

[i:14e9285d43]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:14e9285d43]

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi there, I to suffer from svt and have done so for 3 years I am due to have the same operation as you in Jan 2006, I do get very scared about having a attack, so I know how you feel, and with you being so young it must be even more scary.

Please let me know how you get on, at least your young and fit and will recover double the time.

Take care

Natasha:cheers:

[i:02c5aa5816]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:02c5aa5816]

• Posted

To Natasha

I am having my procedure on 2nd feb 2006. Have you had yours done yet? Please let me know about yours. I am very happy about my news. :D

[i:c6c69b97ae]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:c6c69b97ae]

• Posted

I had my first bad attack on thursday 27.1.06, got told i have svt but i am not sure what this will mean for me! I am glad I have found someone near my age to see how you have been effected. I have had little attacks before but we thought they were just panic attacks. I hope you are not too worried about wednesday, good luck! speak to you soon.x

(mac, aged 11)

:ok::D

[i:cf60f57dac]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:cf60f57dac]

• Posted

I was not able to have the ablation because I was ill with throat infection. I am going to have it done in April. Sapphire :shock:

[i:ca6e392d88]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:ca6e392d88]

• Posted

Sapphire I hope all goes well! I have had a couple more bad attacks since last time but the hospital are being a real pain and are not sending me appointments to find out what is causing them! It's driving my mum mad!!!!! Kids at school are not sure what to make of it, neither do I really?:headhurts::magic:

[i:2af1c94af5]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:2af1c94af5]

• Posted

Sapphire here, I have had my operation. I came home on the same day I had it done. I felt stiff and a bit sleepy. My operation took 3 hours and I didn't know anything about it coz I was asleep. When I woke up I had a numb tongue. I had to stay in bed for four hours until I was allowed to walk around. When I walked around my leg felt stiff and my shoulder was heavy I got back into bed and went to sleep. I had dinner which was burger,chips and peas with ice-cream for pudding. I was allowed to go home at 6.30pm coz I was ok. Stairs were difficult when I got home.

The next day I was able to walk slowly down the stairs and did some walking around. I also went outside for some fresh air. My shoulder was still heavy and my neck was hurting, my Mum said "it was part of the healing process".

Saturday. Today I got downstairs much easier and quicker. I am getting BETTER. My shoulder is much better than my neck.

I am back at school now and feel alright. I am taking it easy at the moment. I had my operation 2 weeks ago. I think it was worth getting it done and hope I never have anymore episodes.:D:wink:

[i:fe109cfd36]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:fe109cfd36]

• Posted

I am glad your operation went well, how are you feeling now? I hope you have had no more attacks. I stopped having attacks once they put me on flecanide tablets but they have started to happen again, one while i was sat doing absolutely nothing on a boat, but my mum says it may have been caused by the hot weather. What medication did you have to begin with? Did you always remember to take it, I'm hopeless I always forget and mum has to remind me.:roll:

[i:e0196f741c]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:e0196f741c]

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.