I am a 53 year old female with multiple health issues and have signs that I also have hyper mobility

Posted , 4 users are following.

Scoliosis as an adolescent, hyper mobile joints in hands, knees, feet since childhood. Chronic pain in back and joints since age 25, degenerative disc disease, torn ligaments and tendons in wrists, bruises easily, Raynaud's, blood vessels burst in my eyes, fingers and toes, tall with long arms and legs, plus other symptoms. I also have Adult polycysistic kidney disease and sarcoidosis.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I am new to formula and not very internet savvy. I don't know if it is helpful to add that I am now disabled because of chronic pain and limited movement. I have been going to doctors for years about what is happening to my body and get a few diagnosis here and there, but for the most part I have been labeled as a hypochondriac or mentally unstable like I am faking my pain and fatigue.

• Posted

Hi Kimberly. I know what you mean. Drs fobbed me off for years. Told me it was all in my mind. I have jhs not fun at all. 

Have you been tested for eds or marfins syndrome. You just have to find a dr that listens and tests for the not so obvious. Try to keep a good attitude and help yrself. Sounds harsh but that's how it is. No one understands unless they're in the same boat. 

Good luck. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.