I am a recovering alcoholic and addictive personality (huge weight problem) and been prescribed this

Posted , 3 users are following.

As above and really want to stop drinking and eating (have lost 7stones thee years ago) after stopping drinking for nearly a year and normalising my eating and stepping up the exercise which is swimming as I am also disabled with chronic back pain. I so want to start having a good lifestyle as am an older lady now and want to enjoy whts left of my life. My excellent GP has prescribed this but my husband who knows me better than anyone and for some reason stil with me is worried. Any response would be so appreciated thank you

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

ju just curious tango, did you take the medicine? is it working well for you?

• Posted

I have been on this med for about 3 years and have not gained any weight.

As far as addiction goes, your body becomes "addicted" to medication only in the sense that without it, you will go through withdrawal. This is why one must taper off the med. It is not addictive in the sense that you will need more and more to produce the same results, as is the case with continued use of a benzodiazepine like xanax or ativan.

Good luck to you!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.