I am a worthless and stupid teenager

Posted , 7 users are following.

I am a 16 years old girl who lives with my mom, has no siblings and no dad so it's just us together. I was diagnosed with depression and adhd, but also was diagnosed with bipolar from a different psychiatrist but I guess the bipolar one is false diagnosis. I am very dumb and no matter how hard I study, I will never get things right. I'm now on 10th grade, in high school. I am supposed to be in 11th grade but I got held back because my grades weren't good enough. I'm okay with making friends, but I am very very dumb, or too dumb for school. I am not willing, even just a little bit, to go to college because I just know with my learning incapability I will not survive it at all. I have no hope that things will get better, suicidal thoughts are haunting me everyday because I see myself in the future and what I see is a messed up drunk and also drug addict, and probably a prostitute who will die unhappy and worthless. I have so much hate for myself but I just don't care anymore because I don't see a future for a stupid girl like me.

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

We note from a recent post which you have made to our forum that you may be experiencing thoughts around self-harm. If we have misinterpreted your comments then we apologise for contacting you directly. But if you are having such thoughts then please note that you are not alone in this, and there are people out there that can help. 

If you are having these suicidal thoughts then we strongly recommend you speak to someone who may be able to help. The Samaritans offer a safe space where you can talk openly about what you are going through. They can help you explore your options, understand your problems better, or just be there to listen. 

Their contact details are on our patient information leaflet here: https://patient.info/health/dealing-with-suicidal-thoughts, which also offers lots of other advice on how you can access the help you may need. 

If you are having such thoughts then please do reach out to the team at the Samaritans (or the other people detailed in our leaflet) who will understand what you're going through and will be able to help. 

If you are based outside of the UK. 

The Samaritans is a UK based charity, but they also have suggestions for how you can access help in other countries.

Please have a look at this page https://www.befrienders.org/directory

• Posted

I'm 54 years old. When i left school i coud barely read or write. I was abused by the men my sisters married. Everything i am now i achieved on my own. My first husband was an abusive liar. The only good thing he gave me were my children. My second husband was my joy. He took on me and for abused and broken children but i only had him for 15 years before he died. My world collapsed without him. Its been a painful struggle and i will never love like that again. But every time i have fallen i got back up. My mother gave me this life and i will not derespect her bydesroying it. You are not dumb. You haven't found what you are goid at. Its not always obious. When i was 16 i left school with nothing. Not even friends. My mother was losing her fight with early onset dementia. I was 14 when my ad died so i was left with this woman who barely knew who i was. But now i am a dispatcher for the ambulance service.

To your mum you are her world. To her you are good. What would your words to her be if things were the other way round? You are bright enough to know there is a problem. Most dont they wonder on until its to late. You are a 16 year old girl with a life ahead of her. Im 54 and mine is behind me.

You can do what you want and live. So you haven't got a mountine of grades but you know most of the happiest people in life don't. You are not dumb. You are you and you are unique because there is only one of you.

• Posted

i think your just crying out for some1 to love you,your soo young,who cares wat people think as if it matters? its your 1 life just do what you want to do
  • Posted

Hi Sevgi30600 - has there been any diagnosis of autism? The difficulty learning can be related to that, and since it is more prevalent in boys it may have been overlooked. Meanwhile, is there a counsellor at school that perhaps you can talk to? 
    • Posted

There are actually some things I can learn very quickly and good so I don't think autism is the case, I was diagnosed with adhd though, that might be it.

• Posted

Hi sevgi I was told at school I would amount to nothing. School isn't all it's cracked up to be. I'm 45, married and have worked most of my life. I never went to university. I don't have a degree. I worked outside of school and have gained more qualifications put together than my sisters. I know you have no siblings. Does it really matter how you achieve in life. Money isn't everything, your life is what you make it. I have had huge things go wrong and happen to me through no fault of my own. You're only 16. One thing I regret is I have no family of my own but through no fault of my own, even that I'm working on getting right. Be happy, that's the important thing. Good luck.x

• Posted

I am very glad you are living me a better life, this is giving me hope.
  • Posted

Your not worthless sweetheart and don’t let anyone tell you that . Talk to your mum if you are able to if not a psychiatrist 
  • Posted

Hi I am old and left school at 15.  I am in the UK.  I went back to part time education in my 20's and got 3 'O' levels.  In my late 20's I got into University as a mature student and got my degree.  I couldn't study at all when at school because of depression so I always thought I was stupid and worthless too.  

Even if you never want to go back to education later what counts is using your life to do what you want and not everyone is cut out to be college material.  Maybe you are more technically minded instead?  It doesn't mean you are going to end up on skid row does it?  You are going to have a long and good life x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.