I am about to start mirtazapine tonight

Posted , 5 users are following.

my doctor told me to stop citalopran first. So I had none yesterday and today.

I am quite anxious. I'm hoping I can still drive, as I struggle with agoraphobia and cant get about to well, especially without my car. Also I'm worried about weight gain too. Does anyone have problems with these things? rolleyes

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi AB, I found the first 2 days a bit strange, where they seemed to cause me to get hyped up, rather than chilled out. I started on half dose for 4 days then full. Just as well doc suggested this. They do seem to cause me to 'slow start' in the morning, this lessens over a few weeks. Try to take your dose same time each night so you get a feel for how long it drifts into the next day. I take mine at 8 pm. Mirtazapine helped me a lot and quite quickly. I have a healthy appetite now and go to the gym and try not to eat sugar foods to avoid growing out wards smile I hope you feel better soon. David
  • Posted

I had a 2 week period of taking Citalopram and the Mitazipine which wasn't good I was a mess I was spaced out and my head was mashed but once the Citalopram was out of my system and the Mirtazipine started working I was fine try not to worry too much hopefully everything will be fine, I drive and drink (not at same time) as I could do before and I'm on 45mg once they're in your system you should be fine just give them time to work.
  • Posted

I have been on 30 mg Mirtazapine for just over 4 weeks and still not feeling great. How long did it take yours Alan to work?
  • Posted

Hi. I was on 30mg for a month or so and found the same situation they wasn't working so I went back to doctors and they put me on 45mg which work perfect so my advice would be to go back to your doctor and explain they're not working as 45mg might be right for you.
  • Posted

Thanks Alan. I am going on holiday for a week and if I still feel the same when I get back I will certainly take your advice and go back to my gp.
  • Posted

Hi Alan, I've just been put on 45mg from 30mg. I took my first last night, have felt a bit dodgey today- no side effects really..just a little more anxious in the early evening. How long before you realised the increase to 45mg had helped?
  • Posted

Hi it took me a couple of weeks after I'd started on the 45mg, I felt strange first few days then it subsided.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.