I am about to start on 30mg

Posted , 8 users are following.

I Have been on several anti depressants over the last few years and Psychiatrist has just changed me from sertraline 200mg to 30mg Mirtazapine, bit worried after reading some of the comments, is it OK to take this at night as my Gp has said to take it on a morning

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Jo

I think your Gp may have given you the wrong advice. Call a pharmacist today and ask their advice. I have been on mirt for three weeks now and they have helped. They are def supposed to be taken at night due to the sedative effect. I take 15 mgs at the mo but seeing my Gp next week who will prob increase it to 30 as I think that's the maintenance dose. Last few days I have not felt to tired so I think I have them in my system now. There are bad reports but equally there are good ones. Keep that in mind. 

• Posted

Hi jobs I'm on 45mg  mirtazapine

Highest dose. See another doctor or ring just have a telephone  conversation because mirtazapine  makes you sleep and it's strong so please take it at night.

The often used alternative  to mistake pine is venaflaxine and that's makes you wired and  awake good for exercising 

Both these tablets are the family of SRI

( serotonin  and noradrenaline re uptake inhibiters )

Second line treatment for depression

You are not alone I accept a higher power  and I give myself to him / her  to  help me.

p

• Posted

Hi jo  not jobs

Alternative to mirtazapin

SRNI not SRI

Apologies 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.