I am actually desperate for help..

Posted , 3 users are following.

Please read this and help me!

For example right now I can't feel parts of my body and it feels like I am moving there and back like a tide, even though im not...

Hi so I am actually really desperate for help now.. Im 15 and I had weed.. I had it 3 times, didn't get high and then i did do get high indeed.. resulted into a panic attack where i couldn't feel my arms, nor mouth and lips, and had chest pain and found it difficult to breathe.. so I ended up in the hospital. I was fine after one or two days. After that, after two weeks it happened my friend brought a joint and said that it was a bad trip and that i should try it again.. I properly inhaled it once, saying that Im scared itll happen again. After like half an hour my mouth went numb, my arms felt light and I knew I was high again. This time though I didn't have a panic attack and then I went home and it slowly faded away... then the following week I had shisha, I puffed a few times then i went because my arms went 'light' again and i felt quite dizzy... on saturday that week i had a coffee and it had a very similar effect... and on sunday afternoon i was sitting on our sofa, watching Tv when suddenly my heartbeat tripled, and i couldnt breathe, I had the same panic attack as I had the first time they took me to the hospital... and so I went to the hospital again.. I stayed there from Sunday evening to Thursday lunch.. throughout the days I was there I felt weak, and every evening I got high, either the room was moving, or I couldn't breathe properly. It was horrible and I was panicing... they said there was nothing physically wrong with me and with that they let me out on Thursday as I mentioned before... Its been three weeks since I was in the hospital and my hands and arms are 'light' and weak, and numb, my legs, head, face, neck and mouth is numb and sometimes I get a panic attack at random, once I was going home and I was almost as if paralyzed, couldnt see the 'in between' movement of things and people and I felt like the world was enclosing on me, like I was trapped. At night I find it hard to sleep and my state worsens when I exercise,run or have a shower. My parents dont believe me now, and I have no idea how I can get to being 'normal' again and I know I need help. Please tell me whats wrong with me and what I should do about it. Thank you.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

hi, what ur going through sounds about right, your young so the effect of smokin weed will be much more concentrated, drink plenty of water n orange juice if u can, n try n sleep it off,
  • Posted

So I alredy had anxiety before I tried weed.Self concious .Weed had that same panic attack effect on me .Unfotunately the drug world seemed attractive and I kept trying.I was never comfortable and I turned to other drugs. Please do not keep trying to smoke weed or other drugs. Caffeine especially coffee is a relaxation blocker.It actually blocks your natural ability to relax.That is why when people stop drinking coffee they cant stay awake.the brain tried to balance by making more relaxation chemicals.With coffee the brain can adjust in a few days.you seemed to have a traumatic experience so the mind is highly sensitive. Is what I am seeing.Weed takes awhile to leave your system. please do not experiment ,sometimes the results can be very unpleasant.It seems you alresdy knew what a panic attack was so did you already have a history.You said exercise doesnt help now .This affect should wear off so go back to run,join a race or a sport and become competitive.If life seems boring it is a signal to find fun activities.I ended up drink and drugs for 32 yrs.got clean 6 yrs ago.I have never seen anyone do good in life who did weed.They always struggle to pay bills and never do anything.Sometimes a person finds success then begins to smoke weed.You are sensitive to drugs.Sorry for this rant but I want you to learn from my mistakes.I believe this shall pass and you will be ok.If your frind knew you had bad reaction it does not seem she is looking for your safety
    • Posted

thank you for your replysmile can you please tell me how to get from the stage im in? what steps should i take?
    • Posted

What I learned to do was come up with a list of normal everyday things.When I began to not feel right I cold take a shower.perhaps wash your hair do your nails.YOU can go for a short leisurly walk.YOU can especially begin to practice the relaxation exercises that are on this site.They are on the right side of one of the discussion forums.I used relaxation breathing and I soon noticed when I had panic episode I was holding my breath and just breathing with my shoulders and collar bone.Taking a physical action will help you back on the right track to being in control..Writing things out how I was feeling and getting to question any negative thought restored me to reality.At first it was hard to write .I scribbled alot as my hand tried to keep up to my thoughts but soon I was able to slow thoughts down.But do not frustrate to long with writing if it is difficult just do a little .a few sentences.Say the word slowly in your mind as you write it.Everything is going to get better.Dressin running clothes when you go out for a walk and every 5 mins go into a slow jog for 1 min.stretch a bit after. Can you joi a gym or run club and get into activities.volunteering works great.usually caring people do this.I do volunteer and it made me feel terrific.I usually hang with people into athletics,healthy lifestyle.But mostly learning relaxation techniques helped me the most.
  • Posted

I had loads of panic attacks after I started smoking weed. I was actually OK for a few months because I smoked it at university with a group of friends every time, and we all got high.  But then in the holidays when I was out of that environment and off the stuff for a bit I just started getting terrible panic attacks as you describe, almost daily.  I went to see my GP and she was a very nice lady who actually guessed what was up after some pertinent questions and considering I was an otherwise very healthy 19 year old.

I cant say it stopped me doing it, but it did make me worry alot less about the panic attacks!

• Posted

thank you for the replysmile what did your GP actually say? and how did she treat you and what did she do exactly that helped you to get out of that stage?
    • Posted

Hi, she didnt give me any medication. She just warned me about the various different effects/impacts of smoking cannabis, but reassured me that I probably hadnt done myself any lasting damage, and wouldnt as long as I was very moderate in my usage.  That helped me to rationalise the panic attacks, and I stopped getting them, thankfully without any more intervention. She was actually quite progressive in her approach. 

Hope this helps,

Regards.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.