I am always so tired and lacking energy, full of aches and pains

Posted , 4 users are following.

i had a full hysterectomy two years come august and can only take HRT which are oestrogen only, although im not on anything at the moment as this made me feel ill.

Since then i have put on two stone in weight, lacking in energy and in constant discomfort with joint pains and syatica.

i know my weight isnt helping, but had symptoms before i put the weight on. I am struggling, can anyone advise me what will give some energy

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Yes to feeling tired and no energy. With this dull damp weather it doesn't help. Have you tried taking magnesium for your aches? I take extra magnesium and Vit D at night. I also take a water fitness class which is so much easier on the joints. The water is very soothing and then the whirpool is an extra bonus at the end.

• Posted

Hi Kelly

I will certainly give magnesium a try and pop along to a swimming pool for some light exercise, i will try anything to help, feel so miserable with myself at the moment and feel older than i am

many thanks x

• Posted

Yes!!! Please try the pool. There's a group of us that does it and many have complaints of aches and pains-- men too!! The pool allows you to exercise easily. You can take a class or simply walk in the water. I too, take many vitamins and supplements so continue those BUT at night try extra magnesium for aches as well as sleep!! I also take extra Vit D at night because it's such a powerful vitamin. I have been anemic a few times so I take Iron a couple times a week just to make sure I don't go back to low levels. Take care and I really hope you start feeling better!

• Posted

Hi Michelle,

Kelly has great ideas! We are all so low on D--especially in the winter! A symptom of low Vit D for me is terrible muscle aches--like the worst flu ever.

Water exercise is amazing! But if the water exercise isn't an option, can you do some yoga workouts on you tube for joint pain? Reducing the pain will make having a body more manageable. 😃

Have you tried glucosamine as a joint supplement? They make a liquid now if you can't / don't want to swallow huge pills.

What are your B vitamins like? The B's help us turn our food into energy. It's not a complete cure, but might help.

Are you sleeping? Is insomnia, or the aching, preventing you from getting solid REM sleep?

We love you! XXOO

• Posted

Hi Maddie

I do take multi vitamins, , and have done for sometime, would have thought i would be feeling bit better in myself. perhaps i will take magnesium and vitamin B on there own for a while to see how i get on

I dont sleep as well as i have, since the operation, especially with night sweats, even waking with panic attacks over nothing but never wake though joint pain. It sounds as if im falling apart

• Posted

The only other suggestion I would make for the sweats and hot flashes is to google phytoestrogen. Those are plants that have an estrogenic effect. I was drinking flax milk thinking I was doing something great for myself. But I also had terrible breast pain and unbelievable night sweats. Flax, like soy and other plants, mimic estrogen in ways that can be great but might also cause problems.

Once I got rid of the flax my sweating went away.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.