I am an avid amateur guitar player with advanced C T S. Should I have the surgery??

Posted , 2 users are following.

How long until I could play again??

Is there more pain??

How long to recover??

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

CTS ? exscuse my ignorance. Anything to do with the heart surgery they try and have you up and walking around the next day. The only CTS that I have heard of is Carpel Tunnel Syndrome in the hands, between the wrist and the base of the palm of your hand.
    • Posted

Hi  bill02592 ,

Thanks for clearing that up, just that it had me a bit confused being under the angina section smile

The procedure doesn't take to long, there is a little bit of pain after surgery but that is expected , recovery time is around 6 weeks, not suppose to drive for that period, I had both mine done within a month and that would of been 15 year ago, no signs of it returning, but then again I'm not in the same line of work as to when I was back then. I  started driving after the second week, not advisable but I had to. Yes once your hand has healed you will be able to go back to playing your  guitar might feel a bit funny to start with but generally all is good  smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.