i am at this moment on my 5th day of feeling like my lif...

Posted , 3 users are following.

i am at this moment on my 5th day of feeling like my life is meaningless. i am worried about my future if indeed i have one. any suggestions of how i make it through the nexr few days?:yikes:

[i:f5e0869ede]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:f5e0869ede]

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

I have suffered with depression on and of for years.I was on antidepressants for about 5 years, but took myself off them, i am now seeing a councillor, and although at the moment it seems to be making me feel even lower, i do feel it is at least helping me to see why i am depressed and im hoping that i will eventually be able to stop looking at myself and life in a negative way.

the only advice i have is.....you are only a failure if you choose to stop trying, which is you obviously havent, as you have asked for help,:ok::ok:

[i:482994f3c8]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:482994f3c8]

• Posted

i have suffered with depression for many years, and know only to well that feeling of despair, im seeing a councillor at the moment, which although can be hard at times it is helping me to see things more clearly, and to realise that how i feel is not my fault, or something i can just "snap out of".....as im sure you are well aware of.....(if only it were that easy)....

The only advice i have is to talk, talk and more talk, wether it be a friend or a councillor, it helps to share your feelings...

I also write down my feelings, as i find this can be a great release of my deepest feelings.....try it !!

And remember we only fail when we choose to stop trying, so NEVER give up, NEVER give in, and NEVER stop trying....we can and WILL beat this......

GOOD LUCK :ok:

[i:f1e2e62e43]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:f1e2e62e43]

• Posted

Im 37 and in my 2nd marriage, i have 2 children from my 1st marriage. I have suffered with depression on and of for a number of years, and was on antidepressants for 5 years which i stopped taking last year. At one point last year i did start to turn to drink to try and make myself feel better,and im sure im not alone in doing so. I did however have councilling for this and have now managed to keep my drinking to a minimum.(as drink is NOT the answer)....I eventually managed to get to see a general councillor to talk about my feelings to, and am currently on my 7th session.....Although im finding the councilling very hard to deal with at times and even find it makes me feel really low at times, i do feel it is helping me to understand my reasons for being depressed, and is making me see that depression is not just something we can control, but in fact it is a genuine illness and is NOT something we should feel ashamed of.....

My advice to anyone suffering from this is to seek help from your doctor,(dont suffer in silence), ask to see a councillor, and dont see taking medication as being weak...(if you were unwell you would take medication to help you feel better, so is this not the same thing)......Try writing down your feelings, (i do),as this can be a great release for those feelings you are unable to talk about....Most importantly never give up hope, take each day as it comes, and remember YOU ARE IMPORTANT TO SOMEONE,(ESPECIALLY YOURSELF).........:D

[i:32d88e6f8e]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:32d88e6f8e]

• Posted

i've been suffering from depression on and off for the past 7 year. but, i've found a way of coping is by taking every day as a new day. as my best friend says to me "the past is history, the futures a mistery, thats why we call this the present." i'm currently recieving treatment myself and yes it is hard, spilling out all your feeling, emotions, fears etc. but at the end of each session, even though you'll be upset. for myself i get a sense of freedom from my troubling mind. and no it doesnt go away striaght after your first session with a councillor or a phyciatric nurse, it takes time. it can take from a year to many years depending on your state of mind and strength that u have. alls i can say is keep strong, don't let time pass away, everyone has a life thats worth living including you!smile be a star, but most of all be you!

[i:739943de83]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:739943de83]

• Posted

I totaly understand, this is now my second spell of depression. I wish there was a quick fix but there is not. I'm not disputing what may work for one may not work for the other, but i don't believe I ever really got better. I'm lost and confused and petrified what i will do. I can't tell anyone really cause people already think bad of me. I have no one around i can confide in. My doctor is lovely but she's not my friend once she gets home at the end of the day she doesn't think of me again. I sit home alone with no one to tell how close i am to ending it all.

[i:198bd0378c]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:198bd0378c]

• Posted

i have struggled with depresion for around a year and a half now and i feel i will never get better,most days seem dark and each day is a constent stuggle,my family beg me to open up to them,but i cant as i dont understand this horrible illness myself,i will be going to see a councilor soon,theres a waiting list in my area. I'm hoping some good will come of this.you just have to hope that there will be light at the end of the tunnel,which in most cases i have read up and heard about there is. people who have never suffered depression never know how horrid this illness is.i have been close to taking my own life a few times,but i have a 15month old daughter who needs her mummy but what good am i to her every day crying and not wanting to do anything or go anywhere,my partner has to basically drag me out the house each day as if it was up to me i would nprobably spend each day in bed. i understand what u r going through and remember so do many others,we just have to try and stay strong and take each day as it comes.

[i:7c1b858bc6]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:7c1b858bc6]

• Posted

When people are depressed they are very vulnerable and to encourage people to turn to JWs is of a concern to me, especially as I believe they do not have a monopoly on the truth, in fact they are a sect. I speak as an ex-JW who became a Christian 17 years ago. I have suffered recent episodes of depression and have recovered, due to medication, patience and prayer and support of close friends and family. Although things may look bleak, you will eventually improve. Hang on in there!

[i:a921123395]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:a921123395]

• Posted

[b sad ]at the moment im sufferin depresion and its not very nice ive just startd takin anti depessants to help me some days im stronge some days im not its hard but talkin to oftes realy helps and readin some of your messages really helps depression is hard i used to be bubbly and out goin but thease days im not i wil get back to my old bubbly self at the moment im seeing a counciler and she is really gud i get upset when i go becus she goes back in my past but i no that she is doing it 4 my benefit to get to the problem xxxx[/b] :?
  • Posted

hang in there sg think about nice times over and over and over again tell your self you feel better, i will be better,i will i will ,ive had mine for 11 years today is the day i went for help and starting meds,talk to people on hear we all understand and to think you know have lots more freinds that will talk to you, share yours and theres thoughts feelings experiances one of the best moves you have made so far is by registering on this site we can all work together ,to help each other,

best regards and wishes mark :shock:

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.