I am at wits end with GF PCOS strange behaviour!

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi Everybody,

I am literally lost right now. My darling long distance fiancee and I have been incredibly happy together for some time now. until Wednesday last week. I must mention she has PCOS, Hashimoto's, and ADHD.

i was out of contact for two days due to the fact that I had to attend a family members funeral. We still texted and kept in touch before. Keep in mind, up to that point, we were very much in love and loved one another.

When I had signal again, she was distraught and distant. Someone filled her head with fearful images of the future, and she is absolutely nonresponsive. all that happened in a single day!

By digging a little into what I could find, she has been eating the worst kind of food, like hamburgers and alcohol etc. She doesnt respond to messages, and if she does, it is cold and distant. words like "I miss you" or " I love you" means nothing to her. she is fraught with anxiety and depression, but tells me she feels elated.

my question is - is this normal PCOS behaviour???? She believes now she is "on a mission" to save people, and as such, there is no time anymore for a relationship etc. She will "never return to where I live".

i have dealt with her PCOS symptoms before, and it was fine everytime. She would get down for a week or two, and then return stronger than before. I suspect she has not taken her hormones and medicines. She also stopped her Metformin, and is eating junk.

Seriously, has anybody ever dealt with something like this? I am rejected, unwanted, abandoned, all in less than a week. My heart is so broken

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I personally have not heard of behaviour to that extreme. I suspect her other conditions may be playing a part in it all. It also sounds like the poor girl is having a bit of a breakdown. The symtoms and issues that come with this awful condition can be really stressful to deal with. I myself have a had my ups and downs over the past few months battling with new symptoms.

I honestly don't know what to suggest for the best. My first thought would be speaking to her face to face. You will never get anywhere with her via texting or phones calls. I don't know if that is posible for you. My second thought would be to possibly get her to see a doctor. I am pretty sure there is some kind of break down going on. But this is only my opinion from the information provided. Of course only you and the people around her can know how things really are. 

I do hope you can sort things out between you and your girl. I also hope she gets the help she needs. All the best for the future and I hope this helped if only a little. 

Take care 

Cat 

• Posted

Hi Cat!

thank you for your reply.

I suspect this is a breakdown, and it is very much in line with what is called "cycloid psychosis", or more specifically, "anxiety happiness psychosis". I studied it last night.

This would have been brought on by an intense and sudden bout of panic and anxiety, which she said she had last Tuesday. She has also not been working since beginning of the year.

The personality change is so severe, I do not recognise the person. I asked her to go and see her doctor. She said her health is fine. She is lying. The aggression levels and coldness in her towards me, I have not experienced before.

So, my question is - will she come right in time, or do I take myself out of this situation and just walk away?

• Posted

And another thing - when I spoke to her yesterday, I asked her how hard the depression has hit her? She said there was no depression, she is more elated than she has ever been before. That is when I knew this was more in line with a psychotic breakdown.

And I am going to be honest with you, I am angry with her.

I am the one that looks after her dietary requirements.

I am the one who makes sure she takes her meds.

I am the one constantly reading up on new developments and diets for PCOS sufferers.

Not to just make it easier for her or pcos sufferers, but for people like me that have made the commitment to be there for her, and to make life easier for us as a couple.

• Posted

I honestly don't think I can answer your question. Whether you stick around and try and help her is completely up to you. It all depends on how much you care about her and how much more you are willing to take on in order to help. Neither option will be easy for you but neither option will be the wrong choice. 

I understand that you would be angry at her behaviour. People that suffer with depression and anxiety all tend to take it out on the people close to them without meaning to. I myself have pushed people away due to issues as such. 

The only suggestion I can make is maybe try hang in there a bit longer and see if you can get her back on track. But you also have to know when to walk away because it's not fair on you to have to deal with all that. 

I wish you all the best for the future, I really do. 

Take care 

Cat

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.