I am back

Posted , 10 users are following.

Time to stop once again. I am not back where I was (a large bottle of wine a day) but I know if I dont get ahold of this soon I will be sad

Things just creep up on me and before I know it bang right back into it.

So as of today I am here once again smile

0 likes, 35 replies

35 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Yes I agree with misssy that aa is good for making new friend who are or have been where you are with alcohol history. Many will offer a lift too. Also we have a local forum where you can meet new people for coffee etc. Also relaxation and meditation I've found good too. Get involved in volantry work at church or local charities for a few hours a week when feeling strong enough. I love reading when I'm on my own plus meet people when out walking the dog. Hope that helps a bit x
  • Posted

Thank you Missy andPaper Fairy for your advice smile
    • Posted

How is Day 3?  Or did you drink because its not Jan yet?  I would panic and drink..just sayin....Not that I don't have faith in you...I do...I don't have faith in the devil of a drink thou.
    • Posted

I had too many last night, and am now trying to sleep 2.45am our time, without success. Been downstairs and hubby removed all the booze, so nothing left to help me sleep. Ok will go without, have done it before, so will abstain again, just so frustrating for all the family.
    • Posted

Hi Misssy No not yet...one day at a time day 6 for me... holding in so far

you are so right with the devil of the drink.

I mentioned before about a man I have been involved with .... it started 10 years ago in May, he was to come to mine for Christmas dinner and was  no show, we have been on and off... a couple of months ago he contacted me and asked if we could start over as friends and go from there..of course I said yes... we were to be going out Christmas ve as I had to work Chritmas day, he called said he had a couple things to pick up and would call when he was done. 4 hours later I called no answer didnt hear from him. yesterday I got a email saying he was at the hospital with is 28 yr old daughter ( same kind of messeges I have got off and on for 10 years)

I told him to forget it.... he could of at least called ... gee that one was hard not to go get a bottle sad

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.