I Am Beginning to Think I have Endo

Posted , 3 users are following.

Over the last four motns, I have been to the ER over 10 times, for the exact same symptoms. LLQ pain, or lower left quadrant; diarrhea, nausea, bowel movement that when I went, even though it was diarrhea, I felt like I was givjng birth. Originally, I was given the diagnosis of infections colitis. Here, take these antibiotics. They overlooked my pelvic history of ovarian cysts, surgery, and retroverted uterus. Another trip, and now it is IBS. Take these antibiotics. Again previous hystory overlooked. The last time, I was treated like a hypochondriac and a drug seeker. I found a GL who listened to me, and became my champion. He orered a battery of tests, inckuding a virtual colonoscoy, just to be sure. We checked my parasites in the stool, did bkood work, muktiole CTs, with and withiut contrast. Nothing. While going over the ER reports, he noticed all of this began when my depo shot was failing, after being on it for so long, and I was starting to menstruate a month prior to when I was due. I am now back on the pill, and am in my second ourse. And this last cycle was horrendous. I couln't eat, leave my be or couch. Mu GP is beginning to think I have endimetriosis. I have an appointment on Wednesday. And I am terrified. When they did my cyst surgery, I was told I may never have children, due to scar tissue. Snd then I had my beautiful son, who wil be 9 this month. And with the possibility of endo hanging over my head, I may never have that again. After some reading, I found I have a lot Of the textbook signs, which scares me. so Hopefully I will have an update soon.

2 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

IBS diagnosis gets thrown at us a lot.  Some do have it.  Docs have been throwing it at us since at least 1980.  I knew I didn't have it and knew it was something to so w/repro organs but it still took more time.

Do you want to have more kids, or are you maybe mourning a bit? 

I hope they an help you.

• Posted

Am so sorry you have to face all these. Sincerely I wished I have an idea that could help.

We are all facing one problem to the other. We have to be strong to overcome all these. I wished one knows how to prevent such from happening to women, I would have been the first person to raise an alarm.

So my dear, keep to your appointments and ask the necessary questions you should know that would be of help from your doctor.

Stay healthy... And be strong.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.