I am ckd patient my creatine is 235 and egfr is 20 but i feel relatively well

Posted , 6 users are following.

Doctor said its stage 4 can but phically i am well what is the next step

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I suppose that they will continue to monitor you until it drops below 15, then they will discuss dialysis / transplant options (i am presuming that you are from the UK).  How long have you been at egfr 20 and how old are you ?  Some people can stay at 20 for months / years depends on the reasons and remain relatively good.  My egfr ranges from 18 - 35 but i still work, go gym, run etc and i still feel ok, sometimes tired but generally ok.
  • Posted

Hello,

I have stage 4 CKD. My eGFR is 24.  A good thing to do is to watch your blood pressure since CKD and blood pressure are related. I aim for 130/80 or less.  Also keep an eye out on your blood count as you may need to take an iron supplement to keep anaemia- free.  I have had stage 4 for quite a long time now and am able to maintain a normal life apart from some tiredness.  You may also find that you easily get chest infections as your immune system might not work as well. My consultant told me to treat them aggressively and always to take antibiotics.  Also, keep well hydrated and seek medical help quickly if you feel unwell.  Hopefully, then, all will be ok with you.  Good luck.

• Posted

Hello Lyn

I have stage 4 diabetic Kidney disease my GFR is 22 I'm on a strict diet but need to lose weight I want to start walking more. I'm always tired but I still work I live alone with no one to support me. I would lose my job if I go on Dyalysis.. How long have you been stage 4? You are doing quite well. I will keep you in my thoughts any advice would be greatly appreciated

• Posted

Hello Roger,

I too needed to lose weight.  I managed to lose 3 stones over about a year and am trying to keep it off. I am retired now but worked until I was 65.  I  remained at stage 3 for several years and have been at stage 4 for about 3 years.  I try to keep my BP at below 130/80 and take thrtee drugs to do this. I have some difficulty in keeping my haemoglobin stable and take an iron supplement.  Recently it was found that my Vitamin B12 and folic acid levels were too low- you need these along with iron to make red blood cells.  I have to take folic acid and I had a course of Vitamin B12 injections but it did not improve my HB levels.  I have a meeting with my consultant in about three weeks and will find out if he wants to do anyting else to help the anaemia.  It makes me tired often.  Have you had blood tests to check your HB levels? This may account for your tiredness. Just taking an iron supplement may well help with this. Do you do physically tiring work?  I hope that the forum will help to offer you support. It is hard to feel alone with this.  Keep in touch!

• Posted

My husbands figures are very similar to yours.  He has an appointment with the reanal nude to discuss dialysis options next month and an appointment with the renal access doctor (?maybe it's the person who does fistula ops etc)  a couple of weeks after that. Hubby is reasonably well in himself but has been told probably 6-12 months until dialysis. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.