I am clueless..is my son suffering from psychological issue

Posted , 2 users are following.

My son is almost 6. He is a bright, confident boy. Recently since 2 weeks he has started to urinate in different places at home in the corners of different rooms. He never did this before. He was potty trained when he was 3. Ive punished him, spanked him and communicated with him a lot of time. I have parents and brother who always shower endless love to him. Is he still feeling neglected? I thought i shared a bond wth him. I am single working women. I work part time, i got divorced when he was born. He doesnt know his father at all. Im wondering if he has questions in mind, how do i deal with him. Ive tried to being communicate with him a lot of times and tried to reason him. He is still doing it and i am very worried now.

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hello, I would certainly take him to the GP and ask for advice, I am concerned that you say you have punished him and spanked him. WHY? I am not an expert but it sounds like a psychological problem. Is he like this at school, have you spoken to them? It could also be attention seeking, whatever it is he needs help. Please go to the GP asap.

Best wishes.

Elizabeth.

• Posted

he's a naughty boy so besides being supportive i do punish him and spank him at times but ive stopped it. will take him to GP. Hopefully it will be okay...ive really started giving him more attention too.
  • Posted

Please dont punish or spank him. Take him to the gp and have him get looked at. Make sure his bladder and functions are okay. If everything checks out okay find out if he has observed this behavior maybe from watching tv or a pet. Ask him why he does this and if anything hurts. This is not something you would ounish a child for. Its not to be a bad boy there is something else going on. Did he get injured in the potty..something is not right.

• Posted

yeah you are right, im observing him and trying to figure it out. ive become more sensitive to his needs. Hopefully things will work out.
  • Posted

Is something going on? Any changes in his life like school or is the dad around. Is there a new baby in the family. Has he been checked for aspergers or other disorder like add.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.