i am completely depressed bcz, my dr said that am having high bp of 156/92. and my age is 24.

Posted , 5 users are following.

Am taking olmesar 20mg. Should I take this tablet till end?? Or cab I discontinue this. What are all d basic diet for this. Am really shocked and depressed of this.. Help me out with your suggestions pals!!!

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Yes, you BP does seem high for your age, but there are many factors that could cause this.

You do not state your age, build, height, weight, lifestyle including any regular excercise strategies, occupation or whether you drink alcohol in what quantities, smoke (how many how often) or take drugs other than those prescribed for you by a doctor.

Do you suffer with anxiety, depression or any other illness/ disease. 

Guesswork is useless.

Let us have this information and maybe we on this forum might be able to make some suggestions.

• Posted

Thank u for ur valuable time.. And my details...

Height : 5.8 ft

Weight : 78kgs

I don't smoke, drink and I used to take coffee twice in a day.. And am pure vegetarian man.

My job us stress one.. Asst manager in bank. I don't exercise.. In last 1yr, I gained 7kgs of weight.

Last one week I suffered with sinus headache and consulted my family Dr.. He prescribed some tablets like citrizine, cepodome, valium2, etc..

My thought was.. Aftr taking the above drugs for sinus pain only casus for.my high bp.. Am not sure.. Pls guide us...

• Posted

dines, you should return to your GP tomorrow - don't just stop the pills of your own volition.  There are many other pills s/he can prescribe. Also with the other pills you are taking, do check with the pharmacist for compatibility with each other. 
    • Posted

thank u MrsO, my doubt is, whether this shoot up is temprary or permanent.. and i wont stop my meds without my dr's knowldge.. 
    • Posted

Some medications, unless they are specifically intended to combat hypertension can raise your BP slightly. However so can worrying about things that occur in our lives, whether in our private lives or our work.

It sounds to me that you do have an active/ busy occupation which might also be causing problems, as can worrying about a our health.

Whatever the situation, it cannot do you any good at all to continue to worry about this particular aspect of your life as your doctor does appear to have spotted the trend and will continue to monitor it as time goes along.

So to sum up then, try to get some regular exercise each day, allow your doctor to do what he/she is paid to do, and stop worrying.

• Posted

Hi again Dines

A stressful job is probably one of the main factors in your high B, especially if you don't have any exercise to give a balance.  Perhaps you can thereforetake some steps to reduce your blood pressure naturally, such as taking up some form of exercise, even if it is just a daily brisk walk of at least half an hour - if you can't manage it before work in the morning then the evening will do.  The walking may help to lose the weight you say you have gained in the last year - I was told by one consultant that our blood pressure can reduce by 10% for every stone of weight lost. Tai Chi is an excellent exercise to relax you and can reduce blood pressure in some people.  Also, if you add salt to your food, either in the cooking or at table, do give that up as salt can cause fluid retention and increase your blood pressure.  Coffee raises blood pressure although I notice you say you "used" to take it twice a day.  If you drink tea, or coffee which you can't do without, then at least ensure it is decaf.  Drink plenty of water.  Perhaps just these measures alone will be sufficient to return your blood pressure to normal.    R e l a x ..............

• Posted

MrsO.. Last Sunday I checked bp it was 110/70, so I consulted some other doctor, he asked me to stop my olmesar 20mg. So I stopped from yesterday and today too.. Yesterday I checked it was 125/82, today mng It was 129/71, so i relaxed to some extent... Now.. Today around 3pm I checked it was 150/90... An another doctor said that... "u should not start medicines, if u start, u should continue.. Like tat she said ... Now my question is... Which pressure checking machine will give correct reading?? Whether olden days pumping machine or newer one digital machine??,bcz the above said reduced values are given by digital machine.. And 150/90 was given by older pumbing machine.. Pls guide me. Am in need of clarification... Should I continue medicines?? Or don't want to continue??
  • Posted

Hi Dines. Read your post and thought I could contribute a little bit. I recognise some of what you are going through as I too worked in a bank many years ago, in London. The commuting alone was enough to raise bp! Mrs O is right. You MUST make time for yourself. Easier said than done but believe me if you don't exercise no-one else can do it for you! A daily brisk walk of 30 minutes is proven to work. Your diet, as a veggie, seems OK. Add beetroot and garlic whenever possible.

Above all, try to relax. Stress is a killer and our bodies need help in coping with it. My job in London was so stressful I packed it in as not worth the stress I was going thru........oh and I took up fishing!!!

Good luck to you.

• Posted

Thanks fisherman... Coffee is danger ok.. But tea?? I shud not take even tea too a?? Today my reading us 148/65. Kindly comment about this reading.. And one.more thing....

I felt somewhat tired and my legs and hip are paining... I did exercises (basic,mild) and running, walking... Felt somewhat good..

Ps. Am not good in my English, since my major tongue is tamil. Sorry. 😊

• Posted

Dines, you can still enjoy your cup of tea, preferably decaffeinated though.

Your reading today of 148/65 is a big improvement, especially the lower figure which is perfectly normal for your age, so your pills are obviously working.

It is possible that your leg and hip pain is a side effect of the pills but it may disappear as your body gets used to the medication.  Keep up the walking especially, briskly if possible, and hopefully you will continue feeling "somewhat good".

• Posted

MrsO.. Last Sunday I checked bp it was 110/70, so I consulted some other doctor, he asked me to stop my olmesar 20mg. So I stopped from yesterday and today too.. Yesterday I checked it was 125/82, today mng It was 129/71, so i relaxed to some extent... Now.. Today around 3pm I checked it was 150/90... An another doctor said that... "u should not start medicines, if u start, u should continue.. Like tat she said ... Now my question is... Which pressure checking machine will give correct reading?? Whether olden days pumping machine or newer one digital machine??,bcz the above said reduced values are given by digital machine.. And 150/90 was given by older pumbing machine.. Pls guide me. Am in need of clarification... Should I continue medicines?? Or don't want to continue??
    • Posted

The tradition machine with the sphygmometer is obviously the best but the newest digital machines are also very reliable - the ones with the cuff you put on the upper arm though not the wrist ones.

We are not from a medical background on this forum so are unable to advise you as to whether or not you should continue medication - that is something you must speak to your GP about.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.