I am considering ankle replacment surgery- who can I talk to that has had this done already

Posted , 6 users are following.

To anyone who has had a total ankle replacement either recently or years ago. I am David and have arthritis in my left ankle. In winter here in Atlanta it got damn bad so I pressed Kaiser and Resurgens Ortho to ok a total  ankle replacement and on track for August. But I hear horror stories now about it and hearing it is NOT what they say it is and would VERY MUCH LIKE TO TALK TO ANYONE WHO HAS DONE IT and if it is a good idea. Can anyone chat with me ?

​david31086 is me. I would even like to talk to someone if they would call me and if so would give you my #....scared stiff need a lot of friends right  now in my same situation

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Wow! I didn't even know they did ankle replacements. I guess that's next on me. Dealing with plantar fasciatis and a couple broken toes (that I dropped a 2x10 on a few years back). That has made the ball of my foot go numb and shoot pain up my leg. My foot goes numb. I have had 3 knee replacements and maybe a 4th coming. I broke a femur bone and also have arthritis in my hip. I've taken a few falls and have loosened my knee replacements. Life sucks big time when all you can think about are the medical issues. (for me anyway.) Ugh. Best to you David!

• Posted

Dear David my offer still stands if you are interested but I'm leaving it to you to message me.

Cheers Richard

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.