I am constantly feeling very tired and sleepy. Does anybody else feel this way most of the time?

Posted , 6 users are following.

I've had MD about 2 yrs now. Have been following the JOH regimen about a year or so. Have had no vertigo for a year and a half, but have this mild "dizziness" that feels more like a light headedness everyday. It is not incapacitating and I can do one legged yoga balance poses ok. BUT, I just feel alwful tired and have this heavy, kind of sleepy feeling in my eyes through the day. I feel like I could just lay down and nap. In the evenings, I will be watching TV or reading and it will feel like it's 11 or 12 o'clock at night and the clock says it is only 7 and I' m ready to go to bed. Does anybody else out there battle with this too?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Yes, I can relate. Have not had an Vertigo attack in almost a year now. Doing my best to stay on a low sodium diet. Have not tried the the JOH regime but have read about it. I used to practice yoga after work but it takes everything I have just to get through the day. Tired due to the constant dizziness and tinnitus in both ears. I am 63 through and I guess it just goes with the territory. Still practice when I can and it does help... 😃

• Posted

Ron - Yes, even though I have had decompression surgery I still have bouts of ear fullness, sensitivity to loud noises and get very sleepy. I used to associate it with sodium intake, I find the barometric swings in Alaska affect it also. I tried 16m of betahistine 3 times a day for about 60 days but did not see any difference so I stopped it. I have been doing the JOH regime for about 3 months and do see a lessoning of brain fog and ear fullness. I take 6 drops of cbd oil under my tongue when I need quick relief at work and it always calms me down. I also take a 550mg potassium supplement with a meal away from home and I can get away with having extra sodium. (800mg or so in one meal. I am on a strict 1,500 mg max sodium a day. Good luck to you. I really think JOH has helped me. Now I just need to find a way to handle the 20 point barometric pressure swings.

• Posted

WOW....that's quite a swing. I spent some time up in Alaska back in the late 60's. It was during the summer months and for most of it, the weather was pretty consistant, except when early fall hit and there was an exceptional amount of heavy rains that year. Much flooding and Fairbanks really got flooded. The area that I was camping in next to that river, got totally submerged under 8 ft of water. I had left that area only 1 day earlier. It hit fast. Of course, I didn't have this curse on me then so if there was wild pressure changes going on, it didn't matter to me; didn't feel them. But, loved Alaska.

• Posted

Hi i was diagnosed with MD just 4 months ago and have this same light headed feeling mild dizziness feeling all the the time too. What is the JOH regimen? I've been taking dolovent which is a non-prescriptive multi vitamin you can get on amazing. It states that its good for migranes but its really helped with my energy levels too, might be worth a try.

• Posted

Hi Woody...Welcome to the club. I've had MD about 2 1/2 or so years now. I am 73 yrs old and a retired registered nurse. I do alot of research and is how I found the JOH which means John of Ohio. He is a research biologist who, himself, has Meniere's (MD). He has come up with an all natural treatment regimen that has made him almost symptom free for the past 10yrs. Now, as you may know, this cockey little disease manifests itself differently in different people. What works well for one, may not work the same way for another. But, alot of people have found out about it and use it and seem to be living pretty good lives. I've been on it for about a year and have had only one vertigo about a year ago and none since. Only have moderate fullness feeling in affected ear which fluctuates from very little to fairly full feeling, but not obnoxiously. I don't look at it as a cure, because there is none for right now. BUT.....it does seem to keep the frequency and severity of symptoms down quite a bit. I can live a fairly normal life with only a minimal handful of some annoying inconveniences. Go to www. zoominternet. net/~kcshop/JOH.PDF and you can download a PDF of his entire program and his excellent explanations of his work. If you can't get that using the above address, just put a search in using The John of Ohio Meniere's Regimen and find the entry that is titled John of Ohio Meniere's Regimen PDF and you can print off the PDF file that comes up. I would definitly recommend trying it. Be very patient with it and don't expect instantanious results, ok? Let me know how you have done. And hey, life is good and we all have to live with inconveniences, weather Meniere's or not. So, God bless and have a great Thanksgiving. Ron

• Posted

Hi Ron, thank you so much for the advice. I'm just 38 years old and have a new found hatred for this intolerable disease. I've just read the JOH PDF, thank you for sending this over. I'm going to give this a try and will let you know how I get on.

Thanks again and happy thanksgiving, Matt.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.