I am constantly starving

Posted , 2 users are following.

So hi y'all before I start I want to get something out of the way. I know and understand my Grammer and sentence structure is atrocious but please forgive me.

So some backroughd I am a 17 year old man. I weigh about 225 ( last I checked) I just started my job at a fast food restaurant about two weeks ago. And I bike to work everyday. I've already hit puberty and all that stuff so I don't think it can be that but lately I have been starving. I've been eating 4 to 5 meals a day. And I don't know what's going on it's kind of scarring me because I normally don't eat this much. My daily routine is to skip breakfast eat a decent lunch and have a good dinner but for the past couple days I've been eating breakfast, lunch, having a meal before work, and then eating whatever I can get my hands on at work. And at this point it really is scaring me Because I have no idea what's causing it. Today I at a Sonic burrito for breakfast, dirty rice and sasuage for lunch, had a 2 layer sandwich before work, ate pancaked and chicken at work, and then before I left I had a chicken wrap. And I'm sitting here writing this and a bowl of ramen sounds good rn. So anyone who can help me out or knows someone who can your help would be much appreciated and if you don't know can you at least try to spread it so I can find someone who does. Thanks y'all for taking the time to read and help out

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

HI Joseph,

Sorry to hear about your difficulties, it must be upsetting for you.

The first thing which leaps out at me is that you mentioned that you have just started a new job so your body maybe getting used to being more active than before. Do you remember what your lifestyle was like before you started work? Were you quite active or were you relatively sedentary?

The change in lifestyle will make a difference.

Secondly, what is your working pattern like? Do you work shifts? Does it involve early starts or late nights? If you are having less sleep as a result that can alter the hormones in your body resulting in wanting to eat more.

It's great to hear you've started eating breakfast. Skipping breakfast is the worst thing you can do to yourself. No breakfast slows down the metabolism meaning when you do eat you are more likely to gain weight.

From what you've described it also sounds like you aren't eating enough of the right foods. Although fast food is high in calories it is often instant energy and doesn't sustain you, meaning you'll be hungry much sooner than if you were eating complex carbs etc. I could give plenty of advice about what you should be eating but I would really recommend that you speak with your GP to talk about this and ask for a referral to a dietitian as they can help you with a meal plan.

Hope this is helpful.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.