I am convinced I am dying and need guidance please

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi everyone, i'm a 26 year old female and in 2022 i went through a full on life change with a relationship i was in that caused me to have severe anxiety with leaving my house, going certain places and having certain triggers that i went to womens aid about in the beginning of 2023 for a bit of counselling and closure of the situation. it did take me a while to gdt round to doing this but this really helped me! Over the last couple of months ive had a couple of panic attacks (literally over nothing as i can never find a source or reason) and ive suffered with palpitations and my heart beating so fast and finishing with chest pain so my doctor has prescribed me Propranolol but i feel very light headed every other week and have had all the normal tests, ECG, bloods etc in the doctors and everything seems to be fine there but i am stressing myself out when i feel faint or about to have a panic attack that i am dying of something that the doctor hasnt picked up on. is this my anxiety or do i need to go for more in depth tests as im coming home from work early and taking days off etc and really dont want my life to be like this. Thanks so much in advance to anyone that can give me a bit of guidance

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Edited

sorry you are going through this. There are millions of people who are going through the same thing. Many people with panic attacks, anxiety, etc. feel as though they are dying because of all the different symptoms they get. The rapid heart rate, lightheadedness, etc.

Those sensations that you get are very common with anxiety, even if you don’t feel panicky at the moment. Anxiety sensations can come out of nowhere. But there is usually an underlying anxiety that you may not be aware of.

You’ve been checked out by doctor and have had testing and it’s normal. Many people with anxiety feel the doctor may have missed something. That’s also part of the anxiety

The more you worry about it, the more you all have the anxiety sensations.

Now is the time to try and relax your mind as much as you can. You can get some suggestions from your counselor and also on YouTube there’s some great relaxing meditations for anxiety. Any sensations related to anxiety are not harmful! I have had them on and off for years, but now I basically ignore them and they go away.

Focus instead on taking care of yourself, staying busy, eating, healthy, getting some exercise, which really helps decrease anxiety. One thing not to do is be idle and overthink because that’s when things get worse. don’t let fear take over because it’s not based on fact or reality I hope you feel better soon.

• Edited

hey Sarah,

i can understand your situation and i have lived it. being back and forth for tests and doctors appointments. i worked kn the ambulance service for 10 years and i suffered terrible with anxiety. i havent posted on here in years, but if i can offer some peace of mind, trust your doctor, youve had ecgs bloods and other checks from your doctor if something was there it would of been flagged. but that doesnt help at all i know especially when you feel the cloud of doom hovering over you. but you can do alot to calm your heart and reduce the anxiety around that. just cut out sugar and coffee or energy drinks and keep it very simple for a few days with your diet. see if it helps. but i hope you're feeling better today.

j

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.