I am diagnosed with syringomylia (not chair malformation) please help me

Posted , 2 users are following.

I m suffer from syringomylia having small syrinx and I was searched abt that matter and I cm to know that there is no medicine and surgery is the only way .....but actually am only 23 year old I net want surgery and is there any way so that i can cure it or is there any daily which could help me ...waiting for ur reply

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

This condition can be treated with medication or surgery depending on the progression of the condition and how badly it is affecting your life.  Did you read on google that surgery is your only option or did your doctor tell you this? If you googled it, don’t rely on what it told you because google gives very general information and does not take account of individual cases.  Everyone is different.  Concentrate on what your doctor has told you.  Have you been told what caused your condition?  A chairi malformation obviously has been ruled out as you have stated.

Medications such as gabapentin may help with pain felt in your shoulders  and arms that occur with this condition.  However, you should discuss all this with your doctor who will be able to suggest the best course of treatment for you.

• Posted

Thanku so much sir ....am not having chair malformation (only the syringomylia ) and is there any exercise and activities so that i can try
    • Posted

Ask your doctor to refer you to a physiotherapist who is familiar with neurological conditions.  Physio can help to ease your symptoms.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.