I am due to have

Posted , 8 users are following.

I have been told i have to my injectoin under GA has anyone had their injectoin in the foot without it i dont like having GA i try avoid having it at all costs !! thank you 

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hello hellsbells59

I have read many discussions about having injections in the foot for PF, some say that the effect lasts for a few months, others say that it doesn't make any difference at all but the one thing they all agree on is that the injection is VERY painful. I have to say that you are very lucky to have a GA as I'm pretty certain that many of us would opt for that even if the effects of the injection only lasts temporarily. Good luck and keep the rest of us updated won't you?

• Posted

Injections are supposed to make grown men cry!  You are very very lucky to be having a GA.  Grab it with both hands.
  • Posted

Hi hellsbells59,

Just my opinion but I've only read 1 case out of soooo many on here where the injection worked. I would not do it at all. But....if I had to I would do it under general anesthesia as they say it is very painful...even afterwards and large needles are used. You don't "have" to do it at all. It's your choice. Some people say it even made them worse. So do your research....read alot and weigh the pros and cons. Don't do it just bc he suggests it. You are the one living with it and the success rate is very low. You can read the stories here for yourself. Let us know!!! Ladyjack51

• Posted

My sister didn't have a GA when she had her injection. Unfortunately it didn't really work either. I have had cortisone injections in my shoulder and knee and they didn't work really. Good luck with your treatment. When I had pf it lasted about 18 months and I had physio and had to use a stick. It suddenly dissapeared of its own accord, what a relief that was!!
    • Posted

Thank you for your reply Deborah like you i have injectoins in my knees shoulder and my back due to arthrtis ,They with my foot cos my tendon is inflammed the injection is going to be painful after having 4 kids i think i can cope !! i just hate the thought of having the GA if its not needed i am going for my pre op on Monday and i will ask them if i can be sedated rather than having the GA !! Glad to hear your better 
    • Posted

I have to comment hellsbells59....you asked what we all thought about going under general anesthesia to have your injection and most of us all said DO IT as it is very painful and one even told you how lucky you are to be offered that. So I find it interesting that you just said you're going to see if you can go without it bc you are a bit uncomfortable with the idea. Why did you ask us? Don't you believe us? Of course it's your perogative and your body but I was just a little surprised at your comment. Lol....I think you already had your mind made up before you asked...lol. Best of luck!! Ladyjack51
  • Posted

Hello hellsbells 

It really depends on your pain threshold. I've had two shots in each foot now without GA. the first time it worked for around three months but pain came back with a vengeance, had it done again and I've had no probs now for 3 years 😊 it's fab. Must admit it hurts like hell when you have the jabs  and it can be really sore for a few weeks. Important that you rest your foot for 4-5 days after so that you give it chance to work. Some GPs do the jab from the side of the foot but I found it worked better with a direct hit from the bottom of the heel. Good luck. 

• Posted

Thank you for replying Mandy i have got to have the injectoin at the bottom of my of my heel as well i am trying to avoid having the GA as much as i can i get really scared of having them a few years ago i had a op with having a GA something went wrong and ever since then i get myself all worked up and 2 weeks after this i do have a GA as i am getting my knee done and that has be done with a GA and alreay i am getting worked up if i can be seaated just for this minor op i will be fine i dont want to have 2 GA in a matter of days ! once again thank you for taking time to reply 
  • Posted

I had an injection in my left and right foot, and was awake for both....very painful especially in the left one, as they put the needle in my heel...and on the right one i had it put in the side of my foot in the tendon.  Im due to have this PRP injection done in my right foot next month, which i will be sedated as this one is very painful (so ive been told) 
    • Posted

Hi Ruth thank you for taking time to reply i had that before and i did have to grit my teeth i am not going to lie !!  and having the PRP this time i was told its going to be much more painful so hence why i was give the sedatoin it only takes a matter of 10 mins in op room and i was back on the ward within half a hour with a hot cup of tea and biscuits !! hope everthing goes well for you 
  • Posted

Hi, had first injection straight into bottom of heel October last year. No GA, actual injection not too bad, like a sharp scratch. Very sore for a few days after though. Lasted 3 months then seemed to wear off one day. Had second injection end of January this year. Injection seemed more painful this time round but wasn't as sore after. Two days ago the pain has returned, so has lasted three months again. Doesn't seem to have worked for me and I'm debating what to do next. I'm a 48 year old male btw who up until 11 months ago used to like a 5 mile run 2 or 3 times a week.
  • Posted

Hi guys,

I have to be totally honest with you, if the only option was for me to have the injections again, i would absolutely have them under anaesthetic. Having them without any anaesthetic was probably the most painful, horrific most traumatising thing i've ever experienced!

My injecitons worked for about six months and unfortunately now it's back with avengence! Really hope it works for you, this condition utterly sucks!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.