I am due to have an operation for cystocele in nineteen days!

Posted , 3 users are following.

Two years ago I had an operation for enterocele and rectocele with Sacrophinous fixation and now I am going in to have the cystocele. I had a lot of support just talking to everyone last time. It is always good to hear others experiences. i am hoping to recover a bit faster this time but have planned my recuperation and got my supplies of reading, knitting and crochet! I feel bad for everyone carrying out my daily chores like mucking out my horse, walking the dog and doing schoolruns but know if I don't rest properly it will not work. Has anyone had experience of both ops that can hopefully tell me more about it. I am going for the pre op assessment on Tuesday so would be good if I can plan some questions to ask. One thing I need to ask is whether they do the sacrophinous fixation with cystocele and has anyone had their op done any other way than vaginally! I have been trying to focus on buying a new nightie and slippers and getting my supplies in but now I am starting to worry about the op!

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Angela. I had a rectocele and vag vault repair almost 2 years ago. I had a cystocele repair a long time ago so don't know procedures now. Ask the surgeon exactly what he intends to do. Sometimes a tape is used to lift the bladder, in my case they used my own skin/tissues. It was in 1984! I refused anything done with polyester/ nylon fabrics as I am allergic to these, they cause a skin rash externally so don't know what might happen internally! I advise you to ask any questions of the surgeon before he/she starts operating. Hope all goes well. Keep in touch on here.

• Posted

Hi Angela

I had my first anterior repair 3 years ago and it was virtually pain free. I wondered if I had anything done.

Howecer9 you must not lift or bend for 6 weeks if you want good results. It's very difficult to do this if your feeling good in yourself but yiu must refrain.

After a couple of days yiu can do short walks round the house and build up week after week.

Unfortunately for me it failed early weeks and I'm now 1 year after tvh and re anterior repair.

I dust nothing for 6 weeks but it didn't hold. I changed consultant and now feel really well, I do get paranoid about it failing though.

Any more questions just

• Posted

That sounds a bit more positive-thank you so much. I go for my post op on Tuesday

• Posted

Make sure you get all your questions answered at your pre assessment.

Do you work hun? If so if its physical you will need more time off.

• Posted

I do not work but I am a 70 year old Granny bringing up my eight year old grandson so know I will need lots of support from my long suffering partner who is going to do school runs, muck out my horse and walk the dog as well as the normal household chores. I remember when I had the last op which was for a rectocele and enterocele It hit me quite hard . I hate not being able to do anything and like to be out and about. It is the half term holiday the week after I have it done so hope my little boy will enjoy watching videos with me and chilling instead of our usual long walks with the dog!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.