i am due to start orlistat tomoro

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have pcos and I am 26and currently weigh 16.7 I have had fertility issues and was lucky to have my son who is now three and a half witi the help of fertility drugs however been tryin again but not successful my weight jusu seems to be piling on but. I start tablets tomorrow does anyone have any advice or tips be extremely appreciated xxx

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Best of luck, stick to low or no fat.  The tabs work better for some people, quite slow going for me.  
  • Posted

Hi I started about 7 weeks ago, only lost a few pounds but have tried hard.  I have under active thyroid so metabolism very slow.  Many people on the site have had rapid weight loss, so it is different for everyone.  I cook slimming world recipes and avoid anything processed, keep me posted, look forward to hearing about your success
    • Posted

I hope I lose as effectin my health now and young so don't want it to impact my life xxx hope you continue to lose

• Posted

Hey kristina how are you getting on with orlistat I have pcos an thyroid problems too I have fertility problems and no kids yet trying to lose weight but I just keep piling it on, 

I got given these tablet monday  but finding it hard to know what to eat I did sneak one scales today and no loss :-( any advice 

• Posted

Hi Gemma, how are you getting on? I have PCOS as well, was just on my left ovary and now my right one, we have one son naturally but we have had problems trying to have another one and now they have just told me my right one is PCOS now. I am doing SW, my doc said to have one tablet a day but  I have had 3 like it says on the box. fingers and toes crossed
    • Posted

Hi suze hows u ? im good thanks ive lost 7lb in 1 month not to bad suppose lol, i had blood tests done as i got a new doctor and my esr (whatever that is) was raised and my chloestrol (which i dont understand as im on low fat diet) and low blood pressure so im s confused of what esr etc and reasons for all this i need to see doctor for a talk but here i have to ring 8am and i cant get in for past 3 days now so just got to keep trying but im so worried,

hope your doing well xx

• Posted

HI Kristina,

Hope you are getting on ok on the tablets. I am having fertility issues too, I have just been referred but dont really know what the next steps are. I have a son who is 11, I had ectopic pregnancy in 2011 which was awful and i pray i never have to experience that again. I have been on these tablets before about 6 years ago when i lost a lot of weight but the weight gradulay crept back on. Finally last year my nurse convinced me to try again with them, I havent been on them constantly but managed to loose 18lb and i havent been on the tablets since November and havent put anything on which iam pleased with. My plan is to start a fresh today. Ideally i would like to loose another 4 stone.

Whats your goal?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.