I am experiencing lightheadedness and fatigue. can't get a diagnosis

Posted , 14 users are following.

I will try to keep this brief. I have been struggling with sensation of lightheadedness or dizziness. It is hard to describe. At worst, it feels almost like presyncope but I don't faint. The baseline feels like I am lightheaded. Cognition is intact and vision is normal except during the presyncope attacks. Those can last minutes or sometimes hours and I can't find a pattern or trigger. This has been going on for about a year. MRI, blood work and neurologist consultation all were normal. I also experience a fullness feeling in my forehead, like an icecream headache. Sometimes yawning or laughter can trigger the forehead pain. Sometimes, I feel pressure in my temple area, not throbbing but more of a fullness pressure. Could this be due to a sinus issue? I believe I had a deviated septum but I don't have nasal discharge. Just have trouble breathing through my nose almost all the time. My family doctor doesn't think so and says its probably stress or depression but I disagree. What do you think? Thank you.

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Did you ever figure out your problem? I see the post is over a year old. I'm experience a similar peramenent lightheadedness with the same normal tests and diagnosis of anxiety/depression. Getting deabilitating at this point though. Let me know if you found a cause. 

Thanks,

Nat

• Posted

It's been years for me but I think it is either vestibular Migraine or my neck. I am leaning toward a neck issue. Went to a chiropractor and the x ray shows my C2 is out of line. He has worked on me and I think I feel some what better. If you do a seach fro C2 spine issues you can see the problems it can give you. If your C1 is messed up you can  be dizzy, but maybe since my C2 is close to the C1 that is still causing the dizzy feeling.

• Posted

I am the same although in the very early stages since I cant even get in to my GP to have this sorted. I have history of low ferritin levels but normal haemoglobin. Anyway past few months I've started suffering with feeling dizzy, light headed, fatigued, weak and faint. Never really had the dizziness and feeling faint symptoms before. I ended up in a minor injuries unit when I felt dizzy and that was a joke because they basically told me non anemic iron deficiency didn't exist and that you don't get symptoms with low ferritin levels. (Even though I have been diagnosed with that and took ferrous sulphate in the past! Im doing a nursing degree and quite frankly they were lieing through their teeth). They wouldn't do any tests other than FBC and haemoglobin (BIG FAST WASTE OF TIME THAT WAS). I've been to see a GP urgently and again they wouldn't really do anything. I've had a bug recently - been coughing for a good few weeks so they just put it down to that and put me on antibiotics and anti sickness drug for the dizziness. (But I know full well its not to do with a 'bug' because symptoms predate said bug!).So yep it's great fun losing time out with my son because they are all incompetent and won't even do any bloods let alone refer me to anyone until I see a GP under a routine appointment which could take WEEKS. Not a happy bunny at all. It's a complete joke that Im left in this state when I could be driving along and crash because of this! (And yes i've been sensible and not driven anywhere like this in this state). The ignorance of the seriousness of this astounds me tbh. What do we have to do to get seen/referred urgently to ENT or for scans or whatever? 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.