I am extremely scared of Bowel Cancer. Please help!

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello,

I am not sure what is happening to me. But it all started back in February. I had an unknown and strange stomach pain that started from lower left side of abdomen radiating towards centre then right. And due to that pain I felt like i need to go to the toilet for BM and frequent urination however i just could not pass anything. And always felt pressure in the lower abdomen and rectum area. This went on but doc just said it is IBS. I had several blood tests and Stomach Ultrasound all fine. It went away on it's own so wasn't much worried. But every month i still get a weird lower right sided or left lower sided stomach pain and same rectum pressure and feeling like having BM but cannot pass anything. But it stays only for a day or 2. But this very month I have experienced the same thing but I saw bright red spots of blood on toilet paper. I was so scared. My BM is very soft and i did spot small amount of blood in my stool like 2 times. Now I am extremely scared that it could be something serious and doctors totally do not pay attention. I have extreme anxiety and these things make it worse for me. I am a graduate looking for jobs however, such things put me off and cannot concentrate on anything. I am 23 years old and i know it is very rare to have something serious. It could be IBS but i am not sure 😦

Any comments would be very appreciated. Thanks in advance.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.