I am feeling dysfunctional being on valdoxan

Posted , 8 users are following.

hi everyone.

i have been on Vadoxan since beginning of Dec.

i was changed off Cipralex after being on that for a couple of years.

i am feeling that the Valdoxan is making me feel pretty dysfunctional and I am not doing some of the things I used to due to my lack of enthusiasm.

hoping things will improve.

anyone else feel a similar thing? 

With thanks....

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

A friend of mine was taking Valdoxine and she began feeling lethargic and lacking in energy - almost zombie-like.  She switched to Lexipro and felt much better.
  • Posted

G'day there,

I have been on Valdoxan 50 mg for 6 weeks now. Also on Seroquil 50 mg as well at present. In the past I have been on Lexapro, Effexor and Cymbalta. The reason I am now on Valdoxan is due to bad anxiety whilst trying to sleep, which was been non-existent for many weeks, due to business stress and A separated marriage.

I find that I am very teary, lack motivation, and still struggling to get to sleep and stay asleep.

Did not like taking SSRIs in the past as they did wear off affect over time and also sexually they had terrible side effects.

I am keen to hear other people's feedback about Valdoxan and also other options including non-medical which may be out there.

• Posted

Hi Fiona

I also came off cipralex (was on It for 10 years together with nortralan) which stopped working for me. and have been on voldoxan now for 3 months.

The first few days on it I felt great was amazed on how quickly it worked but now I don't feel so great, I have no enthusiasm, I cannot make desisions, have no motivation and zero patience. The sound of peoples voices irritates me, I can't even have a conversation with someone. I know your post was 2 years ago, but hoping that you get my message. And am curious to know how you are doing now.

• Posted

I am off it as it was no good and now on lexapro 20mg and 100mg largactil for sleep. Still no good. Thinking of giving them all away as I don’t think they work. Also tried cymbalta, Zoloft and Prozac last year to no avail. Do you sleep ok? I am thinking of trying hemp  oil!
    • Posted

Hi Mark,

that's frustrating that nothing seems to work for you, Have a look into neurofeedback.

Non drug, I know people that it's been extremely effective on.

• Posted

Hi there,  I just saw your post from two years ago.  I have been on Valdoxan for a few months.   I have decided it doesn’t work for me.   Have similar symptoms to the ones you describe in your post.   I’m wondering if you stopped taking it or did you continue.   

I feel nervous and slightly agitated all the time.   Waking at night around 3 or 4am.  

Lack of interest and motivation.   Easily irritated.   Sex drive has decreased.   Hope you see this message. 

• Posted

Hi, thought i would share my experience with Valdoxan. When i first started i had very similar effects. I just didn't feel normal, was really tied all the time and found it hard to concentrate. At the time i was on 25mg. My doctor changed my dose to 50mg and that made a world of difference. Within days i felt back to my self. It was really amazing the difference the change in dose made. I was almost ready to give them up and glad i have stuck with it. 

• Posted

Hi

I’ve been on Valdoxan for 5 weeks. I feel it’s making me hyper alert, agitated and irritable. Like a stimulant but without the focus. I noticed that I isolate myself even more than before because I just can’t deal with people, or focus on conversations. It also makes me quite restless and nervous all the time. The first two weeks I was slightly hopeful because my energy surged, and I wanted sex again, which was a nice change, but since then my mood has gone down and my sex drive is completely gone. I think it’s the increased noradrenaline that I can’t handle. I’ll try to cut down to 12.5 mg and see if it helps. 

• Posted

Hi, i found that increasing the dose made a big improvement. I was ready to stop taking them when i was on 25mg. Doctor increased it to 50mg and i felt 100% better. Maybe talk to your doctor first.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.