I am feeling hopeless and i seriously need your experiences

Posted , 6 users are following.

So i have been on 10mg for almost 7 months. i was feeling normal and good for past couple of months although i had certain blips which went away in like 2-3 days. But, currently i am feeling anxious and moody. Negative thinking as well. I'm scared. Should i increase to 15 mg and did anyone else face a similar problem?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I had the same experience when i started on cit, im now on 40mg 3 times a day and unfortunately I still have moments. currently going through a real bad patch and having to be off work

• Posted

i would think about going up to 20, with citalopram sometimes 10 is too small a dose, 20 seems to be the sweet spot.

• Posted

Before upping your dose I'd advise you to speak to your doctor first and explain your situation. Personally upped my dose after a few months and started feeling much better again. I hope you start feeling better soon and get your dose right.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.