I am feeling low today folks

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have been 'battling' with my doctors to try and get an appointment and get the usual can you travel 5 miles?  It's better if you can come in at 8 am,  you will have more chance of an appointment.  No I can't.  Otherwise there are no appointments available for the foreseeable future.  Will a callback do?  A callback with a doctor you have never heard of?  When, tomorrow?  No 4 days time?  As usual I come away feeling totally unwanted and ignored with my depression coming on and feeling very down and weepy.  Why do I even bother?

Does there come a point with the NHS (I am in the UK) when you say enough is enough I can't face jumping through all these hoops anymore?  And decide whatever is wrong just to put up with it and suffer.  Does it even matter when you are old if an illness shortens your life?  When I am alone and have to either deal with it or not as the case may be then tough.  Die and save the state money.

2 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi hypercat i feel exactly the same as you I cant get to the surgery because of anxiety and so i have to accept a phone appointment with the on call doctor who everytime i ring its someone different.All they do is offer you.pills to take.It feels that you are alone with this and i honestly think once your past 50 you get less attention. Jeff
  • Posted

I know how you feel Jeffrey.  I think too that older people are to some extent ignored.  I know as a female of a certain age I get a lot of she is a neurotic attention seeking woman from the male middle aged doctors which is why I try and see female doctors.  This is despite me going years without visiting a doctor!  I have worked all my life and am happy that those with the greatest need are dealt with first but I think it's a big much when I occasionally have to see a doctor I can't.  It doesn't seem fair sometimes does it?  I do wonder sometimes why I bothered working so hard when all I get is s..t on from a great height.  I must be a mug or something.  x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.