I am feeling symptoms again

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi everyone,hope you all are feeling well, and ready for xmas.

I would be grateful if anyone can help me as i am feeling rough again,

I am on 50mg of Propylthiouracil a day now plus all the other in my first

post.I was feeling well for a short time the palpatations nots so bad but

the last 2 weeks i have started shaking ,palpatations,getting tired easy ,

hands shaking feeling down and ready to cry,plus bad cramps in my legs

and hips and green rubbish on my chest.I dont see my endo untill 18th

january .should i take an extra propythiouacil or wait untill i see my endo

Iwould also like to know if anyone else has white spots on their face and

nose like me which at the age of 63 i thought i should have out grown this

looking forward to answers ..

keep warm and well sue

ps I have started with bad memory and feeing confused again

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

So sorry i also wanted to know if anyone else has started to get cyst like l

lumps on their face and eye lash area .Also has anyone experienced a

feeling of their throat tightening and choking on food

• Posted

Best to visit your GP for advice, don't self medicate, never a wise move.
  • Posted

HI, guess ,thankyou for replying, will do as you suggested and get an

app tomorrow ,I can tell its to do with my thyroid by how i am feeling

I hate this desease and trying to get through how you feel to some one

how are you keeping guess

sue.

• Posted

Hi Sue sorry to read that you are feeling poorly. Your comment about choking on food certainly rang a bell in my head. Before I was diagnosed hyper in June 2008 (Graves) I was choking at almost every meal time. Although I didn't have a very large goitre, it was big enough to cause problems when eating. I agree with the idea of getting checked out with GP - hope you get some answers.

Take care,

Lotte.

• Posted

hi lottie, thanks for replying ,i phoned the doctors on monday but they had

no appoinments for that day and the Doctor that has taken good care of

me all through losing my husband and then this problem is on holidays

untill the 24th .I still get the choking and at the moment my weight is

getting me down ,i feel as if there is no bottom to my stomach, sad if i ate

a bag of sand and cement it wouldnt fill me ,my pot belly is sticking out

i just wish i knew how to contol it ,I hope that when i have treatment

on my neck all these symptoms will ease .I am waiting for Marigold ,

guest and barry when they feel better to write about their experience

of having RAI so we will know what to expect and how to feel

Are you keeping well

sue

• Posted

Hi Sue. I'm sorry you're not feeling very well. It's a horrible illness.

I'm having the opposite problem with my weight. I've always been slim, and I lost a stone that I didn't really want to lose, and I haven't been able to put any weight back on. My appetite is up and down. Some days I can eat and eat, and other days I feel as though I wouldn't be bothered if I never ate again.

Don't worry about the RAI, it's a doddle. In some areas you go to the hospital for a test to see which dose you need, but where I live everyone gets the same dose. I just had to swallow a capsule, and then wait for half an hour and I could go home. You need to keep away from small children and pregnant women for a time, again the time varies depending on where you live. I had to use separate crockery and cutlery for three days, sleep alone, and flush the toilet twice. I've kept away from our little granddaughter, she's only 16 months, but I've been out shopping etc. I had to come off my thyroid medication for a week before the treatment, and go back on thyroxine only, a week afterwards. I've had to stop that and go back on carbimazole as my thyroid levels have gone too high.

Other doctors put you back on carbimazole, and not thyroxine . Again it depends where you live.

I've felt a bit irritable, and my husband said I was very ratty, but that was only for a few days. I'm just disappointed that my thyroid levels have gone up when I was expecting them to come down. I have a good endo and I know I'm in good hands, so I'm sure it'll get sorted eventually.

I hope this has helped, but if it's not clear or you have any more questions please ask.

Take care and let us know how things go.

Hope everyone else is ok.

Marigold

• Posted

hi,i echo marigolds comments also,i had the rai in orange juice at a milder dose of 400 as all my thyroid took up the testing drink the day before,i have been up and down since had 1 or 2 bad panic attacks with diarrhoea .Somedays i can eat like a horse and other days i dont feel hungry atall just drink water,i went down to 11 stone 5 just before i was diagnosed but now i seem to be back up to my normal weight of 12 stone 7 which has gave me abit more confidence.It is not all bad i have been having a few good days - yesterday i fealt like i could take on the world and been out in the snow today with my little girl,it has only been 20 days since my rai so i know i need to be patient and im still weary that it might not work but got to keep positive,hope everyone is all managing ok and keeps in touch

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.